Car scratch repair

Found 21st Dec 2017
Bumped into my gf’s car last night and left a few scuffs, I have a white car so I’m not sure if the marks are my paint (I can see a very small bit of mines has been taken off completely) or has taken her paint off - think a machine polish could sort this out or repainted? Just looking for a bit of advice and the max price I’d be looking at, don’t want to get ripped off! Thanks for any help

Community Updates
  1. Ask
  1. Ask
try t cut scratch repair it might remove a lot of the scratches providing that its surface paint, go for the cheaper option first before calling in the proffessionals
Personally I would use the 3M fast cut compound (green top) yes it’s expensive but it works. You do not need a mop (although it does make it a lot easier) just plenty of elbow grease.
doesnt look too deep - a medium abrasive should be able to take the majority out

do you have access to a machine buffer?
Original Poster
Thank you all @ding@AirbusA380@adamspencer95 - that’s a relief! I don’t have access to a machine buffer but will try out a couple of places locally to see if they would be able to do it at a reasonable price for convenience if not I’ll try out one of the formulas myself
Agreed, that looks like it would polish out fairly easily.

If you’ve got a polish like Autoglym SRP give that a try and it might help. If you’ve got to buy something Meguiars ultimate compound has a decent level of cut should be able to get the marks out.
Original Poster
Thanks @Sim

Only jokings
Original Poster
Thanks @.MUFC. - I’ll check it out @Derek_Horatio_Shatwell Haha! I actually did reverse into it too ...
Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Merchants