Car scratched while driving- what next?

Found 19th May 2015
Hi,

I was driving in a narrow road today and about to turn left, so slowed down as much as possible since there was reduced visibility (quite a sharp corner) when another car (the racing type) came from the opposite trying to turn right. They saw me yet continued to drive, I turned away at almost zero speed to avoid them and eventually we found ourselves very close at an angle. Since they were just staring at me, it was up to me to reverse back (even though they had more space to drive away from me at that turn) and the car ended up slightly touching along the way.

Now, my car has a lot of scratches on each side (silver car) as as I tried to free the car while they watched and then finally reversed afterwards. Their car has none that were visible (black). We exchanged details, had to take his name from a bank card as he had no licence with him (if at all) and took the policy nr.

Now, as I have never been in this situation before, can anyone advise what happens next? I feel this wasn't my fault (don't we all) as they came speeding at me, at best the blame is on both. Do I contact my insurance company, does their company contact me etc, what are the options? Who decides how's as at fault? If I am found at fault, can I still claim from their company for my damages? Does me claiming from their company affect my premiums? Etc etc... I am pretty clueless:(

Any advice any experience very welcome!
Community Updates
43 Comments
Take it to a garage and get a quote of fixing the paint work then contact the other driver and ask for money towards it.
Even though the other driver was a **** it was still your driving after you both stopped which caused the damage (from how I read your post) so there isn't much you can do.
If you make a claim your insurance will go up (look at the other posts about insurance on here and you'll see) and more then likely it will be more then the cost of the repair.
Yer this will go 50/50 if you went through insurance. Best you can do is agree to pay for your own damage and the other guy do the same. Else you'll end up loosing your no claims if you go through insurance.
Original Poster
joedastudd

Take it to a garage and get a quote of fixing the paint work then contact … Take it to a garage and get a quote of fixing the paint work then contact the other driver and ask for money towards it.Even though the other driver was a **** it was still your driving after you both stopped which caused the damage (from how I read your post) so there isn't much you can do.If you make a claim your insurance will go up (look at the other posts about insurance on here and you'll see) and more then likely it will be more then the cost of the repair.

Thank you for your reply.

So is the other driver also automatically responsible for my damages (which are visibly way worse than his)? Can he refuse, stating that it was my fault?

Will the insurance companies just deal with it without enquiring whose fault it was etc? I am also puzzled whether it is me trying to fix my car on insurance money that affects my premiums or is it the fact that they will have to pay for the other guy?

Also, we didn't actually exchange phone numbers... Oh dear.
Original Poster
118luke

Yer this will go 50/50 if you went through insurance. Best you can do is … Yer this will go 50/50 if you went through insurance. Best you can do is agree to pay for your own damage and the other guy do the same. Else you'll end up loosing your no claims if you go through insurance.

That is what I was thinking, even though my damage was visibly worse I offered to just call it quids, but he was very eager to go through insurance. Does him claiming on my insurance affect my premium or is it my claim? As if it is mine, I will just learn to live with the scratches... It makes me think that maybe he will try to claim for damages that were not caused by myself.
Edited by: "Sylwianotts" 19th May 2015
rikkif1990

Firstly you need to be on the phone to your insurance company straight … Firstly you need to be on the phone to your insurance company straight away and explain the circumstances. If you believe you was not at fault, then tell them. You'll be able to judge whether they're treating it as your fault or not after this. For me, I knew they were treating it as a non-fault claim when they put me in touch with a company for a courtesy car and said it won't cost me anything and they'll recover the cost from the other party. I doubt you'll need a courtesy car so just ask what they're treating it as after you report it.

Until the matter is settled it will still be on file as an at fault claim, even if fully settled your insurer will load the policy. let the third party insurer do that if they are claiming against you. Don't inform your insurer go directly to the third party's insurer, and claim from them, however it will be split liability without witnesses. Also you wouldn't be able to prove speeding unless you are a professional witness.
In a 50/50 claim, half the damages to your car will be paid by your insurers and half by his.
Likewise the same will apply for him (half from your insurer and half from his)

You'll initially have to pay all your excess then go through the ritual of claiming back half your excess which takes months. Your NCB will be affected even though its 50/50.
It doesnt matter if you pay for the damages yourself, once you log a claim it will go against you.

Even if you dont want your car repairing, if he makes a claim against you - your insurers will still have to pay out 50% of the total cost to have his car fixed. Which will be just as costly to you as if you make a claim for your damages.
Edited by: "118luke" 19th May 2015
Original Poster
118luke

In a 50/50 claim, half the damages to your car will be paid by your … In a 50/50 claim, half the damages to your car will be paid by your insurers and half by his.Likewise the same will apply for him (half from your insurer and half from his)You'll initially have to pay all your excess then go through the ritual of claiming back half your excess which takes months. Your NCB will be affected even though its 50/50. It doesnt matter if you pay for the damages yourself, once you log a claim it will go against you. Even if you dont want your car repairing, if he makes a claim against you - your insurers will still have to pay out 50% of the total cost to have his car fixed. Which will be just as costly to you as if you make a claim for your damages.

So does that mean that it doesn't matter now if I claim for my damages or not, once he makes a claim my premiums will go up?

In that case, is my best option just ring my own company and make a claim since it will be very sad times at renewal anyway?
Original Poster
bonjourhellfire

Until the matter is settled it will still be on file as an at fault … Until the matter is settled it will still be on file as an at fault claim, even if fully settled your insurer will load the policy. let the third party insurer do that if they are claiming against you. Don't inform your insurer go directly to the third party's insurer, and claim from them, however it will be split liability without witnesses. Also you wouldn't be able to prove speeding unless you are a professional witness.

Does this mean I have a choice whether to ring my company or his? Does this make a difference in the end?
I pay my insurance in order to claim should I need to. You need a minimum of 3rd party insurance to allow other people to claim on your insurance. Your insurance company takes a risk over your driving ability based purely on a number of facts and statistics - not your driving skills. It seems only fair to me that if an insurance company accepts this risk then you should be prepared to claim against them.
I'm assuming in this case the OP is "fully comprehensive" insured. As the OP has no real control on what the other party will do (if anything) I suggest wait and see if they claim on the OP insurance company; if they do then you may as well counter-claim and let the insurers sort it out. Of course you should still inform the insurance company of the incident - insurance companies hate being told a long time after the event by a third party.

If the third party does nothing then I would just claim the cost of repairing the car on my insurance - and only let the insurance company then try and recover their losses against the other driver if they felt there was a strong enough case.

As I said earlier, I take a view that insurance is nothing more than legalised protection money - so time to call upon it and shop around every time it needs renewing.
Original Poster
tardytortoise

I pay my insurance in order to claim should I need to. You need a … I pay my insurance in order to claim should I need to. You need a minimum of 3rd party insurance to allow other people to claim on your insurance. Your insurance company takes a risk over your driving ability based purely on a number of facts and statistics - not your driving skills. It seems only fair to me that if an insurance company accepts this risk then you should be prepared to claim against them.I'm assuming in this case the OP is "fully comprehensive" insured. As the OP has no real control on what the other party will do (if anything) I suggest wait and see if they claim on the OP insurance company; if they do then you may as well counter-claim and let the insurers sort it out. Of course you should still inform the insurance company of the incident - insurance companies hate being told a long time after the event by a third party.If the third party does nothing then I would just claim the cost of repairing the car on my insurance - and only let the insurance company then try and recover their losses against the other driver if they felt there was a strong enough case.As I said earlier, I take a view that insurance is nothing more than legalised protection money - so time to call upon it and shop around every time it needs renewing.

Thanks,

I am only third party and theft unfortunately.

I am unsure what to say to my company though, "I scratched cars with someone else but leave it for now, see if they think it is my fault"? Does it put me in a weaker, "less convincing" position if I counterclaim rather than try do it straightaway? Do O need someone to assess the damage immediately, so there is no dispute at a later date?

Also, I have another named driver on my policy with 15years ncb, will it affect him in any way since he wasn't in the car?
Sylwianotts

Thanks,I am only third party and theft unfortunately.I am unsure what to … Thanks,I am only third party and theft unfortunately.I am unsure what to say to my company though, "I scratched cars with someone else but leave it for now, see if they think it is my fault"? Does it put me in a weaker, "less convincing" position if I counterclaim rather than try do it straightaway? Do O need someone to assess the damage immediately, so there is no dispute at a later date?Also, I have another named driver on my policy with 15years ncb, will it affect him in any way since he wasn't in the car?

Unless you have protected no claims you will lose your ncb if you mention it to the insurance company, which you should do. On third party fire and theft, it's not as cheap as it used to be compared with fully comp, prices are much closer tan they used to be.n
Sylwianotts

Thanks,I am only third party and theft unfortunately.I am unsure what to … Thanks,I am only third party and theft unfortunately.I am unsure what to say to my company though, "I scratched cars with someone else but leave it for now, see if they think it is my fault"? Does it put me in a weaker, "less convincing" position if I counterclaim rather than try do it straightaway? Do O need someone to assess the damage immediately, so there is no dispute at a later date?Also, I have another named driver on my policy with 15years ncb, will it affect him in any way since he wasn't in the car?

Just talk to your insurance company - and take it from there. You sound like an honest person so just talk to them and trust they will deal with you properly - if not, take your business elsewhere at renewal time.
Sylwianotts

So does that mean that it doesn't matter now if I claim for my damages or … So does that mean that it doesn't matter now if I claim for my damages or not, once he makes a claim my premiums will go up?In that case, is my best option just ring my own company and make a claim since it will be very sad times at renewal anyway?

Basically, Yes, That's if he makes a claim. If they claim you might as well too as your car will be repaired if they are found at fault.

Your insurance company will argue that they are at fault, Their insurance company will counter claim.

You will lose 2 years of you no claims and your premium will rise, Also you'll have to declare it on your renewals for next 3+ years.

tardytortoise

Just talk to your insurance company - and take it from there. You sound … Just talk to your insurance company - and take it from there. You sound like an honest person so just talk to them and trust they will deal with you properly - if not, take your business elsewhere at renewal time.

Trust an insurance company? X)

They are nothing but a bunch of crooks who will scam you at every given opportunity! They do it purely for the money and they have no remorse if you loose out.
Edited by: "joshp" 19th May 2015
From your description, the other car was stationary and you reversed out of the situation clipping their car. If that is so, you are the fault driver. How did your car get scratched on both sides - what else did you hit? Were they driving the wrong way down a marked one way street?
ceres

From your description, the other car was stationary and you reversed out … From your description, the other car was stationary and you reversed out of the situation clipping their car. If that is so, you are the fault driver. How did your car get scratched on both sides - what else did you hit? Were they driving the wrong way down a marked one way street?

I would be inclined to agree.
Regardless of the other persons actions, you were both stationary and you chose to reverse and hit other vehicles - that's completely (in the eyes of insurers) your fault. You may have felt pressured into doing it but that isn't considered at all and is totally irrelevant in the eyes of insurers.

And as you are 3rd party fire and theft, your car will not be repaired by your insurers (or his) and your premiums will go up if you try to make a claim. The other insurers wouldn't repair your car, because the other driver is not at fault.

If the other car has more room to maneuver, you must stand your ground and refuse to move - even if it means neither of you move for 10 minutes. Especially if you feel very uncomfortable about what you are about to try to do.

Sorry, that's what I think anyway

Edited by: "Firefly1" 19th May 2015
Original Poster
ceres

From your description, the other car was stationary and you reversed out … From your description, the other car was stationary and you reversed out of the situation clipping their car. If that is so, you are the fault driver. How did your car get scratched on both sides - what else did you hit? Were they driving the wrong way down a marked one way street?

Hi,

We were both stationary at the point of "touching", I stopped first they he carried on till they touched very slightly, so some scratches may have come from that, there really wasn't any noise to be certain.

It was a one way street thing, no road marking, very narrow.
Original Poster
Firefly1

I would be inclined to agree.Regardless of the other persons actions, you … I would be inclined to agree.Regardless of the other persons actions, you were both stationary and you chose to reverse and hit other vehicles - that's completely (in the eyes of insurers) your fault. You may have felt pressured into doing it but that isn't considered at all and is totally irrelevant in the eyes of insurers.And as you are 3rd party fire and theft, your car will not be repaired by your insurers (or his) and your premiums will go up if you try to make a claim. The other insurers wouldn't repair your car, because the other driver is not at fault.If the other car has more room to maneuver, you must stand your ground and refuse to move - even if it means neither of you move for 10 minutes. Especially if you feel very uncomfortable about what you are about to try to do.Sorry, that's what I think anyway

Hi,

It was him who carried on driving while I already stopped though, does that not count in any way? Since we ended up at that weird touching angle because of him? If he reversed and not me, chances are it would probably still scratch as the cars were already in contact with each other. As I was at an angle, there was no way to reverse without scratching, I tried both way hence both sides scratched.

Either way, how will the companies decide for themselves since there are bo witnesses? I have a bad feeling about this, a car crashed into my mums stationary car and she was still forced to go 50-50 by the solicitors
Sylwianotts

Hi,We were both stationary at the point of "touching", I stopped first … Hi,We were both stationary at the point of "touching", I stopped first they he carried on till they touched very slightly, so some scratches may have come from that, there really wasn't any noise to be certain.It was a one way street thing, no road marking, very narrow.

If he drove into your stationary car, then that damage is his fault.

If you then reserved into other cars, that damage is your fault. It's not very clear from your posts how these scratches occurred. If you hit other cars (presumably they are parked), they will also have scratches. You will need to get their registration plates as well so they can be reimbursed for damage that you caused.

EDIT: Looking at your new post, you reversed and hit his car (because it was at a very tight angle to your car, as a result of his actions mainly?) - right? If that's the case, I wouldn't want to say whether it's 50/50 or not Were any other (parked) cars hit?

Edited by: "Firefly1" 19th May 2015
Original Poster
Firefly1

If he drove into your stationary car, then that damage is his fault.If … If he drove into your stationary car, then that damage is his fault.If you then reserved into other cars, that damage is your fault. It's not very clear from your posts how these scratches occurred. If you hit other cars (presumably they are parked), they will also have scratches. You will need to get their registration plates as well so they can be reimbursed for damage that you caused.EDIT: Looking at your new post, you reversed and hit his car (because it was at a very tight angle to your car, as a result of his actions mainly?) - right? If that's the case, I wouldn't want to say whether it's 50/50 or not Were any other (parked) cars hit?

Sorry to sound confusing!

We were both driving, I almost turned the corner when I noticed him- stopped. He carried on driving, eventually stopping at angle with my car- touching, by that stage it was almost not moving. He stared and stared, so I tried to reverse to one side, felt the car, tried the other way, felt the car, he eventually reversed himself effortlessly (since he was much straighter than me, being at the end of my left turn). No other cars involved, no one parked around us. He got out to view my damage, looked concerned, didn't even look at his, then was very wager to have my details, even though his car has no visible damage but if it does, then it is looking better than mine...
Sylwianotts

Sorry to sound confusing! We were both driving, I almost turned the … Sorry to sound confusing! We were both driving, I almost turned the corner when I noticed him- dropped. He carried on driving, eventually stopping at angle with my car- touching, by that stage it was almost not moving. He stared and stared, so I tried to reverse to one side, felt the car, tried the other way, felt the car, he eventually reversed himself effortlessly (since he was much straighter than me, being at the end of my left turn). No other cars involved, no one parked around us. He got out to view my damage, looked concerned, didn't even look at his, then was very wager to have my details, even though his car has no visible damage but if it does, then it is looking better than mine...

I imagine you would get 50/50 if and when you speak to your insurance company, emphasise the fact that you were stationary when he then proceeded to bump your car. You then attempted to back off in reverse and there were further scratches at this point.

Hope it all turns out OK
Can you google maps the junction and post a pic
Original Poster
Firefly1

I imagine you would get 50/50 if and when you speak to your insurance … I imagine you would get 50/50 if and when you speak to your insurance company, emphasise the fact that you were stationary when he then proceeded to bump your car. You then attempted to back off in reverse and there were further scratches at this point.Hope it all turns out OK

Thank you, that is why I will try and do. Gosh, I hate situations like this.

What happens though when the driver will obviously try and blame me entirely? Do they investigate somehow? On my insurance account it says that I shouldn't discuss the blame, just "let them investigate it" as one of the steps of claim process. Very strange.
Sylwianotts

Thank you, that is why I will try and do. Gosh, I hate situations like … Thank you, that is why I will try and do. Gosh, I hate situations like this.What happens though when the driver will obviously try and blame me entirely? Do they investigate somehow? On my insurance account it says that I shouldn't discuss the blame, just "let them investigate it" as one of the steps of claim process. Very strange.

From your insurer's point of view, as soon as you admit or suggest blame they become liable to pay out, which is why they know say not to admit blame at any stage. Not strange really, just trying to save themselves the full cost of every claim.
Sylwianotts

Hi,We were both stationary at the point of "touching", I stopped first … Hi,We were both stationary at the point of "touching", I stopped first they he carried on till they touched very slightly, so some scratches may have come from that, there really wasn't any noise to be certain.It was a one way street thing, no road marking, very narrow.

if it's a one way street how did you both end up being face to face?

plus next time in this situation do what I do and get out of your car if you feel safe enough to do so, go up to the other driver and say I'm sorry but I'm rubbish at reversing (they believe me as I'm a girl and obviously girls can't reverse lol) then if they still refuse to budge say your welcome to move my car but you will be liable for any bumps you cause.

always take photos of the damage too that way you can prove what damage you caused before they try and claim for extra plus take pics of how the cars are positioned and the road and any parked cars.

my sister in law once scraped 2 cars when she was a new driver. The owners were home so we managed to exchange details. but then about a month later a third car the scraped cars neighbour also put on a claim even though she didn't scratch that one and because we had no photos of the surrounding parked cars to prove she didn't touch it ended up paying for that car too.

Good luck
Also, when you say "narrow, one way street type thing" was it one way or not? if it was, and he was driving the wrong way down it, I think there'd be grounds for the blame lying solely at his door...
Original Poster
adhkarzf

if it's a one way street how did you both end up being face to face? plus … if it's a one way street how did you both end up being face to face? plus next time in this situation do what I do and get out of your car if you feel safe enough to do so, go up to the other driver and say I'm sorry but I'm rubbish at reversing (they believe me as I'm a girl and obviously girls can't reverse lol) then if they still refuse to budge say your welcome to move my car but you will be liable for any bumps you cause. always take photos of the damage too that way you can prove what damage you caused before they try and claim for extra plus take pics of how the cars are positioned and the road and any parked cars. my sister in law once scraped 2 cars when she was a new driver. The owners were home so we managed to exchange details. but then about a month later a third car the scraped cars neighbour also put on a claim even though she didn't scratch that one and because we had no photos of the surrounding parked cars to prove she didn't touch it ended up paying for that car too. Good luck

Gosh, I only just realised what I wrote. Not one way, normal road, just very narrow and without road markings. Rural type of thing. God knows why I put one way, what I meant was it is way to narrow to actually fit two lanes in there, the cars have to be careful as they pass each other.

I really wish now I took photos!
Original Poster
IndianaBlues

From your insurer's point of view, as soon as you admit or suggest blame … From your insurer's point of view, as soon as you admit or suggest blame they become liable to pay out, which is why they know say not to admit blame at any stage. Not strange really, just trying to save themselves the full cost of every claim.

Ah I see. Well I can't imagine how they will investigate it themselves, can only hope it is seen as 50-50.
don't worry you may find that he doesn't claim in the end but if he does that's what your insurance is for to save you paying from your own pocket.
my hubby's been hit so many times never his fault but we've never gone through insurance as the damage has always been minimal.

Once informed prudential that I'm not claiming just informing you that someone hit us not our fault explained everything etc. At renewal they had a claim on the system it took me 3 months to get that claim taken off as neither of us had claimed we'd just informed them off the other person hitting us. totally useless insurance companies are. suffice to say before that I was loyal to prudential now I go with whoever is cheapest.
Original Poster
adhkarzf

don't worry you may find that he doesn't claim in the end but if he does … don't worry you may find that he doesn't claim in the end but if he does that's what your insurance is for to save you paying from your own pocket. my hubby's been hit so many times never his fault but we've never gone through insurance as the damage has always been minimal. Once informed prudential that I'm not claiming just informing you that someone hit us not our fault explained everything etc. At renewal they had a claim on the system it took me 3 months to get that claim taken off as neither of us had claimed we'd just informed them off the other person hitting us. totally useless insurance companies are. suffice to say before that I was loyal to prudential now I go with whoever is cheapest.

Thanks, I am still in two minds whether to claim myself, I can live with the scratches, the other car was a racer style with two young lads in, so I imagine their insurance is high as it is (mine is group 1, and I still cry whenever I think how much it cost me).

Original Poster
IndianaBlues

Also, when you say "narrow, one way street type thing" was it one way or … Also, when you say "narrow, one way street type thing" was it one way or not? if it was, and he was driving the wrong way down it, I think there'd be grounds for the blame lying solely at his door...

As I realised in the above post, it wasn't one way, just very narrow, nor road markings etc. Although the more I think about it, the more I wonder why he got so close to me and why wad there so much space on his side of the road- he was actually driving more on the middle of the road (as some people do when there are no road markings, narrow and supposedly nothing in front of you) of he actually stuck to his side and swung the car wider to the left when turning, we wouldn't have ended up in front of each other... But how do I prove it? Hopeless.
so basically he turned into your side of the road instead of keeping to his side that would be a factor too I'd think.
Honestly, if you had space from before and failed to leave room, it is your fault, unless the oncoming driver drove into you whilst you were stationary. That being said, if you were within his side of the road, it automatically becomes your fault. If it was dark and your lights were not working, it is your fault.

How hard is it, really, to think ahead whilst driving?! Leave a suitable gap if there is an oncoming car coming. I personally would get seriously annoyed if someone failed to do something that simple and if I was driving.
The fact that both sides of your car have been damaged shows that in either case, you were at fault, since the oncoming car could not damage the opposite side of your car. Either you swerved into the oncoming car after hitting the parked car, or you swerved away from the oncoming car and hit the parked car. In either case, did you leave a note on that parked car? Probably not since it was your fault, and there were no witnesses to claim on their behalf
Original Poster
fallback01

The fact that both sides of your car have been damaged shows that in … The fact that both sides of your car have been damaged shows that in either case, you were at fault, since the oncoming car could not damage the opposite side of your car. Either you swerved into the oncoming car after hitting the parked car, or you swerved away from the oncoming car and hit the parked car. In either case, did you leave a note on that parked car? Probably not since it was your fault, and there were no witnesses to claim on their behalf

Both of your posts show that you have not read what I wrote with much attention.

The car drove into me, then I tried to reverse away.

It was him on my side of the road, not the other way round.

There was no other cars involved, neither parked nor moving.

He was the one who left insufficient space to swing his car round a bend.

Unless you read it properly, please leave this thread and be mardy somewhere else.

Comment

Sylwianotts

[quote=fallback01]Both of your posts show that you have not read what I … [quote=fallback01]Both of your posts show that you have not read what I wrote with much attention.The car drove into me, then I tried to reverse away.It was him on my side of the road, not the other way round.There was no other cars involved, neither parked nor moving.He was the one who left insufficient space to swing his car round a bend.Unless you read it properly, please leave this thread and be mardy somewhere else.

1. You stated that the car came to stationary at a point of 'touching'. Touching is not the same as impact. You cannot damage your car by 'touching' it.

2&3. 'The road wasn't one way, just very narrow' (a quote from yourself). I shudder to think how this makes it your side of the road, when there are no road markings, LOL. NOT TO MENTION you have the audacity to say that 'it was him on my side of the road'. (OKAY!)

4. There were no other cars involved? How then did you manage to scratch up both sides of your hatchback?

5. If 'he' had left insufficient space, why did you find it so difficult to reverse out, and he found it so easy? If he was so 'straight' how did he swerve in?!
I think you're having a hard time admitting you're at fault..

I hope you have been enlightened!
PS. Though this was quite harsh, I understand that knowing you are at fault is very stressful. That being said, if either claim on insurance, both premiums will rise (that's a bad thing; it means you pay more!). What you wanted is for people to reassure you that you're not at fault. From what I have read, which is the whole thread, everyone who knows you're at fault has written 'hopefully you'll get 50/50 blame'.

I would very much like to know how both sides of your car got scratched if you didn't hit a parked car (because you can't scratch without contact!). Also, you damaged both cars by reversing (from how you've explained it admission is evident).
Also, what do you drive? I only ask because you don't care about the scratches.
joshp

Trust an insurance company? X)They are nothing but a bunch of crooks who … Trust an insurance company? X)They are nothing but a bunch of crooks who will scam you at every given opportunity! They do it purely for the money and they have no remorse if you loose out.

Absolutely!
Original Poster
fallback01

Comment1. You stated that the car came to stationary at a point of … Comment1. You stated that the car came to stationary at a point of 'touching'. Touching is not the same as impact. You cannot damage your car by 'touching' it.2&3. 'The road wasn't one way, just very narrow' (a quote from yourself). I shudder to think how this makes it your side of the road, when there are no road markings, LOL. NOT TO MENTION you have the audacity to say that 'it was him on my side of the road'. (OKAY!)4. There were no other cars involved? How then did you manage to scratch up both sides of your hatchback?5. If 'he' had left insufficient space, why did you find it so difficult to reverse out, and he found it so easy? If he was so 'straight' how did he swerve in?!I think you're having a hard time admitting you're at fault.. I hope you have been enlightened!PS. Though this was quite harsh, I understand that knowing you are at fault is very stressful. That being said, if either claim on insurance, both premiums will rise (that's a bad thing; it means you pay more!). What you wanted is for people to reassure you that you're not at fault. From what I have read, which is the whole thread, everyone who knows you're at fault has written 'hopefully you'll get 50/50 blame'.I would very much like to know how both sides of your car got scratched if you didn't hit a parked car (because you can't scratch without contact!). Also, you damaged both cars by reversing (from how you've explained it admission is evident).

Touching is contact, and yes, damage is clearly possible, however slight.
As far as I am concerned, you drive on the left side regardless of road markings on a standard road...
Both sides of the front... Most scratches near the right headlight, some near the other...
He was straight as he was fairly on the middle of the road, while I was cramped in on my side, wheels turned, trying to reverse out afterwards. He had space around as he didn't actually stay on his left side of the road, whereas I was at an angle with him and the curb etc.

I could go on to "enlighten" you, but it is pointless, you are welcome to practise your English reading elsewhere. Ps you have been reported.
Reporting me won't make your case any stronger! And you still haven't answered how you managed to scratch the other side of your car..

If he was in the middle of the road, and there was only one lane, how did you manage to get the front of your car squeezed between his and another object (which you've failed to confirm what this object was)?

Every single comment you make, you're changing your story, so there really is no point of trying to help you here.

Also, I would give you something to complain about, but I'll put your current mood down to stress, whether accident related or from other means.

Enjoy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants