Car seat

Posted 19th Jul
My son is going to be 4 and he weighs around 16. I would like to know if he legally can use a backless booster car seat or not.

I've seen the new rule about 22 kg but I've also read that we can use the previous car seats that could be used with minimum weight 15 kg. So im a little confused, can we use the one with the minimum 15 kg?

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
Whoohoo19/07/2020 18:31

https://www.madeformums.com/news/booster-seat-law-uk-changes-and-updates/The explanation on here seems pretty good

Thanks. I've understood that i can use it. Am I right? Just to make sure
Edited by: "user2016" 19th Jul
user201619/07/2020 20:42

Thanks. I've understood that i can use it. Am I right? Just to make sure …Thanks. I've understood that i can use it. Am I right? Just to make sure

From what it seems yeah. Those which had the weight limits before are ok to use still. They're just making new ones now to cover higher weight limits from what I can gather from that.
Whoohoo19/07/2020 21:36

From what it seems yeah. Those which had the weight limits before are ok …From what it seems yeah. Those which had the weight limits before are ok to use still. They're just making new ones now to cover higher weight limits from what I can gather from that.

Thanks I've seen at gov.uk/chi…les that it wont affect any existing booster, so I think i can buy a new one with minimun 15 kg.
41435392-vXSNd.jpg
Edited by: "user2016" 19th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants