Groups

Car seat

I have booked car hire with Enterprise from the 12th - 15 th June in Luton. They don't provide car seats, is it possible that any one out there could lend me a car seat for the short duration of 3 days, there is a £20 M&S voucher in it for you, I would really appreciate it. I could meet you in Luton and then drop it of on the Sun/Monday.

16 Comments

Banned

How old is the child

Banned

maybe helpful to say what sort you need, age?

If you in a Sure Start area,I suggest you register with them and they lend out items like this for short periods.
    I borrowed 1 for 6mths and then renewed the lending period,it was brand new the 1 borrrowed. We had no car but needed to get back from hospital by car so I borrowed 1 from them....needless to say we were in hurry to hospital and forgot the car sear and had to borrow 1 from the hospital and it goes back over via patient transport when they transferring women into midwife care from main unit at another hsopital
    I would give them a try.

Or try freecycle, they are common items to appear on the groups.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5279098

If you in a Sure Start area,I suggest you register with them and they … If you in a Sure Start area,I suggest you register with them and they lend out items like this for short periods.I borrowed 1 for 6mths and then renewed the lending period,it was brand new the 1 borrrowed. We had no car but needed to get back from hospital by car so I borrowed 1 from them....needless to say we were in hurry to hospital and forgot the car sear and had to borrow 1 from the hospital and it goes back over via patient transport when they transferring women into midwife care from main unit at another hsopitalI would give them a try.

I think SureStart is only available to those on benefits.

moob;5279147

I think SureStart is only available to those on benefits.

No it's not just for those on benefits,but yes they do suppose to cover the more deprived areas,I for 1 live in 1 those areas,and registered with Sure Start for newsletters of upcoming events they do.
    They paid for taxi there and back to the hospital for me,I never asked if we were on any kind of benefits,which we are not on anything like JSA or I/S etc

Banned

i was in luton airport carhire centre and all the agencys are together. The Hertz offered carseats and i saw another agent hiring one..maybe give them a call and see if hertz can offer you one? im sure they will be happy to make some money as they're not very busy!

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5279183

No it's not just for those on benefits,but yes they do suppose to cover … No it's not just for those on benefits,but yes they do suppose to cover the more deprived areas,I for 1 live in 1 those areas,and registered with Sure Start for newsletters of upcoming events they do. They paid for taxi there and back to the hospital for me,I never asked if we were on any kind of benefits,which we are not on anything like JSA or I/S etc

Found it on their site:

I guess it depends on the OP's circumstances.

3. Am I entitled to a Sure Start maternity grant and how do I apply?

Can I get a Sure Start Maternity Grant?

You may be able to get one of these grants if your baby or your dependant’s baby is due soon, or was born in the past 3 months.

You can also claim if you have:

* recently adopted a young baby
    * in certain circumstances, been granted a residence order for a baby, or
    * been granted a parental order for a surrogate birth.

You, or your partner, must be getting one of these benefits:

* Income Support
    * income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
    * income-related Employment and Support Allowance
    * Pension Credit
    * Working Tax Credit which includes a disability or severe disability element
    * Child Tax Credit, at a higher rate than the family element
    Jobcentre Plus is responsible for Sure Start maternity grants, which are £500 grants from the Social Fund to help with the extra cost of a new baby if your income is low. You can find the phone number and address of Jobcentre Plus in the business section of the phone book. If you have a question about an existing application you should contact the local Jobcentre Plus office to which you applied. The Department for Children, Schools and Families is unable to deal with any enquiries about the maternity grant.

moob;5279241

Found it on their site:I guess it depends on the OP's circumstances.3. Am … Found it on their site:I guess it depends on the OP's circumstances.3. Am I entitled to a Sure Start maternity grant and how do I apply?Can I get a Sure Start Maternity Grant?You may be able to get one of these grants if your baby or your dependant’s baby is due soon, or was born in the past 3 months.You can also claim if you have: * recently adopted a young baby * in certain circumstances, been granted a residence order for a baby, or * been granted a parental order for a surrogate birth.You, or your partner, must be getting one of these benefits: * Income Support * income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance * income-related Employment and Support Allowance * Pension Credit * Working Tax Credit which includes a disability or severe disability element * Child Tax Credit, at a higher rate than the family elementJobcentre Plus is responsible for Sure Start maternity grants, which are £500 grants from the Social Fund to help with the extra cost of a new baby if your income is low. You can find the phone number and address of Jobcentre Plus in the business section of the phone book. If you have a question about an existing application you should contact the local Jobcentre Plus office to which you applied. The Department for Children, Schools and Families is unable to deal with any enquiries about the maternity grant.

thats all about Sure Start £500 Maternity Grant available from 29th/30th wk of pregnancy.

You can get that grant if you on those benefits stated regardless if you live in a Sure Start Area.

I'm talking about their centres they run in some towns,and the centres cover certain roads,in mycase here they cover almost the whole of the town. Regardless what benefits someone is on,you can register with them and they keep you informed of local events. They run trips out,playgroups for parents and carers for children. They also lend out safety equipment and can give general support in the home. They provide drop in centres for advice and run things like 1st Aid courses and some basic education courses for improving skills. If you live in an area they cover,then they provide services personally for you.

moob;5279241

Found it on their site:I guess it depends on the OP's circumstances.3. Am … Found it on their site:I guess it depends on the OP's circumstances.3. Am I entitled to a Sure Start maternity grant and how do I apply?Can I get a Sure Start Maternity Grant?You may be able to get one of these grants if your baby or your dependant’s baby is due soon, or was born in the past 3 months.You can also claim if you have: * recently adopted a young baby * in certain circumstances, been granted a residence order for a baby, or * been granted a parental order for a surrogate birth.You, or your partner, must be getting one of these benefits: * Income Support * income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance * income-related Employment and Support Allowance * Pension Credit * Working Tax Credit which includes a disability or severe disability element * Child Tax Credit, at a higher rate than the family elementJobcentre Plus is responsible for Sure Start maternity grants, which are £500 grants from the Social Fund to help with the extra cost of a new baby if your income is low. You can find the phone number and address of Jobcentre Plus in the business section of the phone book. If you have a question about an existing application you should contact the local Jobcentre Plus office to which you applied. The Department for Children, Schools and Families is unable to deal with any enquiries about the maternity grant.

Hi thats only for the grant i think...when my daughter was a baby i remember my HV telling me about this scheme where you borrow things and i wasnt getting any benefits...i think its the same thing .

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5279309

thats all about Sure Start £500 Maternity Grant available from 29th/30th … thats all about Sure Start £500 Maternity Grant available from 29th/30th wk of pregnancy. You can get that grant if you on those benefits stated regardless if you live in a Sure Start Area.I'm talking about their centres they run in some towns,and the centres cover certain roads,in mycase here they cover almost the whole of the town. Regardless what benefits someone is on,you can register with them and they keep you informed of local events. They run trips out,playgroups for parents and carers for children. They also lend out safety equipment and can give general support in the home. They provide drop in centres for advice and run things like 1st Aid courses and some basic education courses for improving skills. If you live in an area they cover,then they provide services personally for you.

Ahh right!

Sorry, bit lost with this scheme, as we don't have it up here in Scotland.

hertz have car seats u can rent from them. safer as u never know if u get a dodgy one from someone here.

moob;5279573

Ahh right!Sorry, bit lost with this scheme, as we don't have it up here … Ahh right!Sorry, bit lost with this scheme, as we don't have it up here in Scotland.

scotland.gov.uk/Top…896

they do exist but I don't know how the services are compared to here in England,I just know here there is quite a lot they offer. I know someone in Yorkshire,eeven though her hubby had a 30K yr job,they fitted BabyDan stair gates for her,and they were hers for keeps too.

I been registered with them since I lived in area and as I was likely to be having my 2nd baby at a hospital out of town,my midwife spoke to them about coming to see me as she thought they could pay for taxi service,so they could keep an extra ambulance on road for those much more needy.

Banned

what age is the baby i have car seats that range from new born to 3 years

Original Poster

My little boy is 2 years old, so a front facing seat would be great.

Banned

smcgurn;5285603

My little boy is 2 years old, so a front facing seat would be great.

did you call hertz? i def saw them on friday..and all the offices are together at luton so i cant see it being a problem?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4041719
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764613
      3. What is there free to do in your town?2034
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523471

See more discussions