Groups

Car Seat Belt Extender/Extensions

Have 3 children and it's now too the point that it's a struggle as for two I now have to put child in and strap using car seat belt but as all 3 seats as nearly touching buckling and unbuckling is a problem. I was looking to get seat belt extension in order to bring the buckle in front of the seat rather then hidden in between looked on eBay and amazon however I'd rather buy a decent product due to their safety rather then some cheap thing that's likely not to hold if needed. Can anyone point me in the right direction ideally would like to goto a shop and buy. I've had quick look can't find much checked Halfords online and found an old listening for Tesco but when I searched didn't find anything. Also anyone know if they are legal? Again had a quick search but didn't really find an answer.

Thanks

9 Comments

I found Britax to be the only booster that narrows towards the back in a way that you can actually, see and get access to the seat belt buckles. They do an adventure and a discovery model, they both look the same to me, this one hasn't arm rests so I found it fit better along side other seats.
    Joie do an elevate model that seems quite narrow but I would expect the arm rests would get in the way of being able to see the buckle.
    Britax also do an Advansafix high back booster that has extended use of the booster seat's 5 point harness to 25kg (approx 6 year old) rather than the standard 18kg (approx 4 years old) that might make life easier, you would only need to strap the child into the 5 point harness same as a toddler seat and not fiddle with the cars own seat belt. It needs isofix though to install it.

Edited by: "jdRiggs" 29th Dec 2016

Talk to seatbelt extender pros seatbeltextenderpros.com/ , and make sure that the extender is E4 certified
    I made the mistake of buying a cheapie on ebay, and could bend the steel with my hands

Original Poster

Thank you both I'll have a look into these

Hi Tri_94 - did you get anywhere with this? I have the same issue in the back of our Kia, the 3 seats in the back are really tight, but because there aren't really any available to buy from a UK based retailer it makes me nervous to buy them?
    If you could let me know your findings/what you did, that would be brilliant, thank you

Original Poster

Hi Jenny nope I never went ahead with it as I wanted to see before I brought as looking at eBay etc can get ones really cheap but it's not worth the risk. Also all my research tended to say the extenders are for adults who the belt won't fit around.

Original Poster

I have just looked at seatbeltextenderpros.com/ again and using there car select I've ordered one but delivery is upto 15 days unless you pay £15 p&p

Original Poster

But I will update once mine arrives

Yes, they are the guys to go to, awesome customer service.
    Don't get cheap eBay tat, you can literally bend the metal in your hand.

Original Poster

jenny_rocks23rd Jul

Hi Tri_94 - did you get anywhere with this? I have the same issue in the …Hi Tri_94 - did you get anywhere with this? I have the same issue in the back of our Kia, the 3 seats in the back are really tight, but because there aren't really any available to buy from a UK based retailer it makes me nervous to buy them?If you could let me know your findings/what you did, that would be brilliant, thank you

Hi Jenny mine arrived and they look really good and work for my car fine.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Competitions on HUKD712
      2. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?88
      3. word survey1316
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please35

See more discussions