Groups

car service

I have just bought a used car it's Mercedes but already due to service.
    Does any one recommend a good service with not bank braking cost?
    Thanks

14 Comments

Find a good local garage. Avoid Mercedes main dealers who will charge and arm and a leg. Avoid KwikFit and Halfords Autocentres who will lure you in with competitive headline prices and then find a lot wrong with your car. Ask friends/neighbours for recommendations or check reviews on goodgaragescheme.com

i agree with u or just buy the parts eurocarpart or carpart4lesz and find any garage

Original Poster

chris247

Where in the country are you.Have a look on here MBClub.co.uk its a … Where in the country are you.Have a look on here MBClub.co.uk its a Mercedes forum.

Im in dprset south west

hi, try these as there pricing is very good, we use them for jobs on the car, mot's etc

akd-ltd.co.uk/

26 Newtown Business Park, Ringwood Road, Poole BH12 3LL
    Phone: 01202 743148

when i owned a mercedes, i found that a lot of the garages did not service or repair mercedes so i had to take it to a mercedes workshop. it was very off putting as it would cost £300 just for them to open the blooming bonnet!

that was a complete waste of money and i would never buy an expensive car again.

go onto
    mymercedesservice.co.uk/home
    put your details in and get a quote
    If you carry out a service and keep it up to date, you get included Mobilo cover(a fairly comprehensive breakdown cover)
    You can now also take out service plans which spreads out the cost of servicing

mutley1

when i owned a mercedes, i found that a lot of the garages did not … when i owned a mercedes, i found that a lot of the garages did not service or repair mercedes so i had to take it to a mercedes workshop. it was very off putting as it would cost £300 just for them to open the blooming bonnet!that was a complete waste of money and i would never buy an expensive car again.

Who was that
    I work for a central London dealer that charges £120+VAT for initial diagnostic

thetino

Who was thatI work for a central London dealer that charges £120+VAT for … Who was thatI work for a central London dealer that charges £120+VAT for initial diagnostic

i can't remember their name. they were some where in east london. they weren't even very good. i felt a right mug paying so much money. i never shopped around, i can't remember how i ended up finding them.

akd is the best near south west dorset that I know of as he used to be head of servicing at Pentagon Limited Mercedes Benz Limited.

Look for a mobile servicing company. Someone who comes to you. I've always found them to be good guys...They rely on word of mouth so tend to not rip you off.

thetino

Who was thatI work for a central London dealer that charges £120+VAT for … Who was thatI work for a central London dealer that charges £120+VAT for initial diagnostic

Most independent garages will do that for £40

I'd be asking friends & neighbours for recommendations of good local garages.

If you're near Blandford I can ask my friends to recommend someone.

mutley1

when i owned a mercedes, i found that a lot of the garages did not … when i owned a mercedes, i found that a lot of the garages did not service or repair mercedes so i had to take it to a mercedes workshop. it was very off putting as it would cost £300 just for them to open the blooming bonnet!that was a complete waste of money and i would never buy an expensive car again.

My dad had Mercs for decades and never had any problems getting it serviced anywhere.

He had both new ones through work, and then secondhand ones which he kept until the cost of servicing & MOTs was higher than the value of the car lol.

When his last Merc was sold in around 2010 I persuaded him to try VW and he's not looked back. Very happy with VW. Not quite as luxurious with the finish (less wood etc) but the car has been good. It's starting to fall apart a bit now but it's had a great run during its 11 years on this world!
    Edited by: "sicklysweet" 19th May

sicklysweet

I'd be asking friends & neighbours for recommendations of good local … I'd be asking friends & neighbours for recommendations of good local garages. If you're near Blandford I can ask my friends to recommend someone. My dad had Mercs for decades and never had any problems getting it serviced anywhere. He had both new ones through work, and then secondhand ones which he kept until the cost of servicing & MOTs was higher than the value of the car lol. When his last Merc was sold in around 2010 I persuaded him to try VW and he's not looked back. Very happy with VW. Not quite as luxurious with the finish (less wood etc) but the car has been good. It's starting to fall apart a bit now but it's had a great run during its 11 years on this world!

i used to like fancy cars but when i met my husband, he wasn't into fancy cars so i sold the mercedes. i lost a lot of money as i had paid a lot of money for it but on resale, i got very little back. nowadays i no longer have a problem as we now have a vauxhall zafira

i would never buy an expensive car again as i think it is a complete waste of money. although it was a lovely and extremely fast car to drive, i don't actually like driving so it was even more of a waste of money as it spent most of its life sitting in front of the house. It was crazy. it had a 3L engine so it guzzled fuel like no tomorrow. it was expensive to insure and people kept trying to steal its wheels as they cost a lot of money!

nowadays, we couldn't even give away our zafira as it is a piece of junk. lol X)

Banned

1st make sure they can service it
    2, make sure you get the book stamp for history
    3, buy the parts from euro car parts. labour should be around £25 from a local garage to change oil, filter and air filter.

i payed £40 for disks and pads to one garage but the other charged £25 so a massive difference
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…48
      2. Electricity67
      3. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)59
      4. iPhone charging cable.917

See more discussions