Car service on groupon.

Found 14th Dec 2011
Hi there's a deal on groupon for a car service at equipe for £49, my car is due a service very soon and this place is only round the corner, I was wondering if anyone's used them before and if there any good, I'm trying to save a bit of money as well but I've never used groupon before, thanks

12 Comments

Banned

beware all them groupon things.......total rip off

Banned

They are ok just don't buy a mattress or pillows from them.

Original Poster

I've heard a few people have had problems that's what worries me, but if I could save £50 on what I normally pay I'd be happy.

Banned

pink-ka

I've heard a few people have had problems that's what worries me, but if … I've heard a few people have had problems that's what worries me, but if I could save £50 on what I normally pay I'd be happy.

Go for it, if it is a reputable garage.

Original Poster

DLM

Go for it, if it is a reputable garage.

I've no idea if it's reputable, it's only on the main road round the corner according to groupon but I can't say I've ever seen it, I will have to have a nosey when I pop out later.

Original Poster

bossyboots

Personally I have never had a problem with Groupon and to date have … Personally I have never had a problem with Groupon and to date have bought quite a lot from them. Same with family and friends - no problems.

My partners mum has used them before with no problems, I will see what my partner thinks when he gets up, I'd love to save some money as we need 4 new tyres as well and something done to the brakes from the reccomendations on the last MOT so want to get it all done before we get any bad weather.

I've used Groupon for ages, and never had any problems whatsoever.

The issue you might have with this has nothing to do with Groupon themselves, they are just the middle man. The garage might not do such a full on inspection as they would do normally, because you are using a discount.

I have only ever got stuff like meals and physical items. I would be wary of getting a discounted service.

Ask the garage for a direct discount, Saves you using a middleman.

Banned

I thought the £49 "service" was just a visual inspection and not really what I would call a service. Watch out for all the 'extras' you'll have to pay (which should come in a normal service anyway).

Original Poster

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/manchester/equipe-tyre-autocare/2121546?nlp=&CID=UK_CRM_1_0_0_348&a=11

This Is the deal I'm looking at.

£8, no?

I would beware unless you know someone who has used the garage and can tell you they were a good company.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants