Car speaker advice please (6x8") Kenwood vs Pioneer

Found 3rd Apr 2012
It's time to replace the wooden sounding speakers in the Jag, they are standard Ford 6x8" fit. The head is stock and the style of music is rock and acoustic (so need good mids).

So far I've narrowed it down to two speakers with a focus on sensitivity (+90db), budget is around the £50 mark.

Pioneer TS-A6813i
Kenwood KFC S6893c

So does anyone else have a preferred speaker that fits in with these specs?
Community Updates
14 Comments
Cant give you advice, but everytime you mention your jag, I get a mental image of jeremy Clarkson saying the word Jaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggg!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Hyem1f5WsBI/TxEiYEE9ZoI/AAAAAAAAARk/47ZCSDOq2ck/s1600/Jaguar%2Bcar%2Bwith%2Btoilet.jpg

http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2011/08/21/TV-Tonight-How-I-Met-Your-Mother-Top-Gear-MTAJFUB-x-large.jpg
Edited by: "markq" 3rd Apr 2012
Try here dga. It's a cracking car audio forum talkaudio.co.uk/ipb…ums

I bought some superb used Dynaudio speakers for about the same price.
dga

Tis the only way of pronouncing it, plus JC is the messiah!

I can think of better words to describe him..
i always use kenwoods buddy i couple of years back i use to have 2 amps and huge boombox in the boot my doors and mirrows use to shake when on i once got pulled in for noise pollution, oh bring back my boy racer days yeeeeha
dga

Is that sponsored by Rupert Murdoch? oO

Over my head that one mate. Unless you mean it, in which case I don't know.
dga

(Thinks of Andy Gray being "balanced") **shudder**

Nope. Try to explain like I'm a 5 year old
Where are you planning on placing these speakers? I would of gone for speakers from Rainbow or Hertz.
dga

TalkAudio != TalkRadio = TalkSport.

Oh. Right.

Did I ever mention where I live?
dga

I don't think you're all spackers

Had to urban dictionary that. Don't know whether to feel flattered or insulted.
You should opt for a pair of speakers that come with tweeters as that'll emphasize your highs (acoustic tracks) really well. And maybe think about putting a small sub in the boot for the bass from the rock music?
dga

It was a term used when I used to work out of Leyland, spacker and window … It was a term used when I used to work out of Leyland, spacker and window lickers were common in Lancashire :|I spent a lot of time working the Metrolink on shutdown, when operating around Collyhurst the term murderers was more often used oO

Doing what? My Missus works there.
dga

Quarterly comms servicing, calibration and fall-back tests on the last … Quarterly comms servicing, calibration and fall-back tests on the last night. Would take around 4 night to cover phase 1 & 2. I moved on around 2003 to parts foreign.

Ah. I see.
dga

Well did the upgrade yesterday with help, ok I held the screws :pKenwood … Well did the upgrade yesterday with help, ok I held the screws :pKenwood KFC S6894c were fitted and its a direct swap and perfect fit when you include the cable adaptors from Amazon and following this guide it took about 5 minutes per door. Might put some in the rear now

Thanks for the link dga. That'll come in very handy for somebody. Somewhere. Maybe.
dga

A bit of closure on this thread mod

Agreed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions