Groups
    EXPIRED

Car Stereo

My car stereo doesn't have an AUX output for connecting to mp3 players and I'm running out of CDs! Will I have to fork out £100 odd quid for a new stereo or is there an adapter I can buy or something?

10 Comments

Fm transmitter for a few quid

FM transmitters are rubbish in my experience. Nothing more stable than a cable... What stereo is it that you have?

Original Poster

Sandy1012

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Audio-Stereo-In-Dash-MP3-Player-Radio-FM-USB-SD-AUX-input-Receiver-UK-/251532691598?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3a9084488echeap as chips

Cheers but how do I go about replacing it?

ipswich78

FM transmitters are rubbish in my experience. Nothing more stable than a … FM transmitters are rubbish in my experience. Nothing more stable than a cable... What stereo is it that you have?

it says CDR 2005 on the front

ipswich78

FM transmitters are rubbish in my experience. Nothing more stable than a … FM transmitters are rubbish in my experience. Nothing more stable than a cable... What stereo is it that you have?

worth a try for a few quid

Sandy1012

Hide full quotecheap as chips

ipswich78

It should just unscrew and slide in and out as they are usually a standard size bracket

If its a car branded stereo (bigger size) then you will have to buy a bracket to fit, which is usually £5-£10 depending on your car

Original Poster

Sandy1012

It should just unscrew and slide in and out as they are usually a … It should just unscrew and slide in and out as they are usually a standard size bracket

cheers I hope so!
    Know of anything similar but maybe with extra features like bluetooth or DAB?

I bought 2 of the Silvercrest mp3/cd from Lidl's years ago and they have been great . I own 2 Vauxhalls [Zafira & Astra] and there both in them . I dont use cd's anymore ,I just put all my music onto SD cards , these players have USB ports as well as SD card slots. The sound quality is very good . I paid £59.99 each for mine but I have seen them for £39.99 .Mine came with remote controls which I never used , I think the newer ones dont have . There are some Silvercrest models with BT and some that dont have a CD slot .Anyway , great value for the money . I had to fit one of those plastic surrounds [from Ebay] for the Astra as the stock CD player was double the size.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Advertised on Gumtree55
      2. Remortgaging to pay off debt89
      3. Cheapest new phone line install existing customer56
      4. Decent hoover66

See more discussions