Car stereo and speakers

Found 15th Jan
I wanted to know where all the stereos and speakers go when cars are scrapped? I wanted 1 original speaker door speaker but all the scrap yards around me don't have any.. Guess guys go in and remove to sell on and they go back in the motor trade to fix brocken parts... Am I right? Some on ebay I see
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments
All the scrap cars i have seen have the original speakers still in them, after market replacements are readily available tho just need the diameter size, hope your new car isnt knackered already
Edited by: "ding" 15th Jan
Original Poster
ding2 h, 40 m ago

All the scrap cars i have seen have the original speakers still in them, …All the scrap cars i have seen have the original speakers still in them, after market replacements are readily available tho just need the diameter size, hope your new car isnt knackered already

One speaker has had it.. Not a problem to sort but I'd like to upgrade one day maybe but nightmare job feeding new wires through, so a standard speaker swap will do.. It's a Ford.. Just wondered where they all went... Someone's getting them out. I'll ask at yard
wayners4 h, 42 m ago

One speaker has had it.. Not a problem to sort but I'd like to upgrade one …One speaker has had it.. Not a problem to sort but I'd like to upgrade one day maybe but nightmare job feeding new wires through, so a standard speaker swap will do.. It's a Ford.. Just wondered where they all went... Someone's getting them out. I'll ask at yard

Just use the existing wires
wayners7 h, 53 m ago

One speaker has had it.. Not a problem to sort but I'd like to upgrade one …One speaker has had it.. Not a problem to sort but I'd like to upgrade one day maybe but nightmare job feeding new wires through, so a standard speaker swap will do.. It's a Ford.. Just wondered where they all went... Someone's getting them out. I'll ask at yard

Just use the existing wires, as long as you arnt going for huge speakers in the doors (which you won’t fit in the void), standard wires will be fine.
If you did want to upgrade the wires, not an issue anyway as you can just attach them to the old wires then as you pull the old ones out, you’ll feed the new ones through.
Anyway, a lot of scrap yards (not all) will remove the electronics like stereos as they may get wet in the vehicles an become worthless as the cars get slowly taken apart, then just sell on eBay etc
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions