Groups

Car stereo question

Hi guys, was looking for someones advice
    Unfortunately my car was broken into yest, and the bar stools stole my stereo...well they only took the front panel, the bulky bit was screwed into the car so they didnt pinch that.
    I was wondering if front panels are univeral, or whether I need the excat make and model car stereo front panel again in order to play music?
    Thanks!
    Mattallica

13 Comments

Original Poster

good lord my spelling is terrible, apologies

You would need same make and model for it to work.

Try ebay, good place for the front panel

Original Poster

niggit;6954033

You would need same make and model for it to work.Try ebay, good place … You would need same make and model for it to work.Try ebay, good place for the front panel

gutting

You may get away with same make. What's the make and model, i'll have a search

Yes it will usually need to be the same model. Keep an eye out on your local gumtree and free ad mags. One might just turn up:whistling:

Original Poster

Clarion
    DB338R
    DB338RB
    BD239R
    BD239RG
    DB238R
    One of those, thats what the manul is for anyway, trouble is I can't think for the life of me which one it is

Original Poster

ebay.co.uk/CLA…37b

This looks identical to the one I had but it doesnt mention that anywhere in the manual confused indeed

Mattallica;6954082

ClarionDB338RDB338RBBD239RBD239RGDB238ROne of those, thats what the manul … ClarionDB338RDB338RBBD239RBD239RGDB238ROne of those, thats what the manul is for anyway, trouble is I can't think for the life of me which one it is

You'll need to take it out and look for model number before you can look for a replacement.

Do you want to buy it back?

Can I have my brick bacK?

I am not a bar stool!!

Original Poster

The mrs and I have whittled it down to the right one using google images and have found it in the list you gave me Niggit and have bought it! Huzzah!
    Have some rep your way

Maybe replace your keyboard as well.

Sorry for your loss, I would hunt them down if mine went missing its worth almost as much as the car, lol.

Glad i could help, hope all works ok mate
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764631
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927273
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4081765
      4. Anyone like the new App/ Update ?2025

See more discussions