Groups

Car Tax Disc

Wanted to ask people generally are Post Office accepting refunds of Car Tax Discs lately or do we have to send them by post to DVLA for a refund of the remaining period?
    Because went to my local Post office and they just point blank refused to accept the disc and asked us to send it to DVLA. Now being money involved will have to send it by recorded delivery which mean more money being spent! AAGGHH!!!

Any suggestions would help.

9 Comments

Being in Manchester myself, I have a local DVLA office within 10 miles of home. Have you checked if there's any local offices near you?

As far as I'm aware you have to send it to DVLA.

tinkerbell28;6239166

I always thought it had to go back to the dvla:?

^^^This, Don't tink post offices have ever accepted them?

tinkerbell28;6239166

Broxy;6239194

As far as I'm aware you have to send it to DVLA.

These are the only answers that I think are true. On the form it says an address in Swansea to post it back to. Local DVLA offices will acceppt them, but forward them to Swansea.

The DVLA web site tells you what to do ]http//ww…526
    You can download the refund form and send it to the DVLA

tinkerbell28;6239166

me too

And i think the refund starts from the 1st of the month so you wont get a refund for this month

Original Poster

Thanks a lot guys for the reply. But believe me 2 years ago I have returned my Tax disc and have received a refund from the local post office! So I am sure it worked.
    Whenever I have tried to do a search for the local DVLA office it comes out to be the local post office!
    Anyway now I will just send it by post!

Cheers guys

drmsa;6239727

Thanks a lot guys for the reply. But believe me 2 years ago I have … Thanks a lot guys for the reply. But believe me 2 years ago I have returned my Tax disc and have received a refund from the local post office! So I am sure it worked. Whenever I have tried to do a search for the local DVLA office it comes out to be the local post office! Anyway now I will just send it by post! Cheers guys

I'm sure you're correct and it has changed relatively recently; but it's definitely only post or DVLA offices now; I sent mine by first class post just over a year back and received the cheque within about 10 days.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?99
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?44
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846240
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News66

See more discussions