Car tyre valve caps

My new car has some odd valves on the tyres, longer than usual - and some cheeky **** has pinched the plastic dust cap.

I can't just pop a bog-standard one on, as the remaining three have a weird taper, being wider at the bottom to accommodate some of the valve, meaning a standard universal cap doesn't cover all the exposed area.

Hoping someone can help.

Wheels in question are holding Continental ContiSport 5 tyres.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

14 Comments

So some cheeky **** steals one of yours and the first thing you think of is rob a neighbour. Vauxhall sterotype at its finest. ***Take a bow***

Original Poster

Oneday77

So some cheeky **** steals one of yours and the first thing you think of … So some cheeky **** steals one of yours and the first thing you think of is rob a neighbour. Vauxhall sterotype at its finest. ***Take a bow***

Ahahahaha. Brilliant. Thanks for your help. And your humour. And your judgemental attitude. oO

If you are missing one make sure it's the back one. It's usually brake dust that blocks/gums them up and the front produces much more.

Have you tried your local car parts place? Those covers not as uncommon as you think..

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

If you are missing one make sure it's the back one. It's usually brake … If you are missing one make sure it's the back one. It's usually brake dust that blocks/gums them up and the front produces much more.

Thanks for the tip. I'm putting on a universal spare for the time being, but the long valve has really flummoxed me. All the options for customisation etc and none of them look like they'll cover the valve.

Have you got a spare tyre in the boot? If so, has this got the same dust cap?

can't you send Vauxhall a tweet? That's what my daughter seem to do for everything she needs in life - just tweets people!

Original Poster

krlbrd

Have you got a spare tyre in the boot? If so, has this got the same dust … Have you got a spare tyre in the boot? If so, has this got the same dust cap?

No spare nowadays. Rubbish. Got an inflator kit instead - not even a space for one!

Original Poster

joesmum

can't you send Vauxhall a tweet? That's what my daughter seem to do for … can't you send Vauxhall a tweet? That's what my daughter seem to do for everything she needs in life - just tweets people!

Will try tomorrow

Go put some air in your tyres always loads lying around

plodging

?

dataload

?

​he means the tyre caps I've never found any though.

Original Poster

plodging

Aye, my problem is they're all too short. Super confused.

MynameisM

​he means the tyre caps I've never found any though.

​no me neither and I always look
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Can you change the battery on the newer style Oral B 4000 toothbrush?79
    2. iPhone charging cable.915
    3. electric hammer drill46
    4. Sky package66

See more discussions