Car Tyres

Found 11th Dec 2017
Need 1 tyre but the misses is thinking of getting a new car next year Worthing getting part worn?
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Depends where you go.
I've had part worn before from a place I trust and they've been great.
Last one was a Michelin brand with plenty of tred.
But then there are some dodgy back street kind who repair ones that shouldn't be repaired.
Edited by: "stefromuk" 11th Dec 2017
as above. if it's a trustworthy place then it'll probably be fine but anywhere where it seems too cheap, i would avoid.

you would look to spend 40-50% of the price of a brand new tyre for a part worn.

edit - 40-50% is based on one with a good amount of tread remaining. obviously it's a sliding scale based on how much tread is left on the tyre but i would avoid the low end regardless.
Edited by: "adamspencer95" 11th Dec 2017
Too many unknowns to give a good answer - how many miles do you do per year, what sort of miles (motorway, two mile school runs), is it a cheap tyre size or an expensive 4x4? For me the answer would be no - I would always look at a mid-range Black Circles deal, but maybe the difference between that and a part-worn could adversely affect some another aspect of your life.
Edited by: "Ar460rn" 11th Dec 2017
Do you have a full size spare tyre? It still depends on the tread left on the other tyre (you shouldn't mix full tread and well worn as you risk damaging the drive).
Original Poster
Its for a ford focus and not a lot of miles work at back 3 days a week plus just little journeys use our other car on the weekends and if we go out in the week
ccnp26 m ago

Do you have a full size spare tyre? It still depends on the tread left on …Do you have a full size spare tyre? It still depends on the tread left on the other tyre (you shouldn't mix full tread and well worn as you risk damaging the drive).

This.

If you have a full size spare swap the low one for the spare....
Original Poster
Uridium31 m ago

This.If you have a full size spare swap the low one for the spare....

It be only a space saver in the boot
The price of a focus tyre should only be about £40/50 so I would probably just buy new to be honest.
Put the £50 towards a brand new Dacia Sandero @ £5995, 3 years worry free motoring with break down cover etc and no mots for 3 years dacia.co.uk/veh…tml
Original Poster
SOUTHWALES50 m ago

Put the £50 towards a brand new Dacia Sandero @ £5995, 3 years worry free m …Put the £50 towards a brand new Dacia Sandero @ £5995, 3 years worry free motoring with break down cover etc and no mots for 3 years https://www.dacia.co.uk/vehicles/our-range/sandero/configurator.html#configure/A

No Thanks no dissing just prefer the cost of a tyre over a new car
For around £40. You could get a new one. You never know if a part worn could have a defect on it. Two things i make sure of is, i have good tyres ( good make and i dont go below 2mm ) and good brakes. Not worth the risk for a few quid.
SOUTHWALES7 h, 16 m ago

Put the £50 towards a brand new Dacia Sandero @ £5995, 3 years worry free m …Put the £50 towards a brand new Dacia Sandero @ £5995, 3 years worry free motoring with break down cover etc and no mots for 3 years https://www.dacia.co.uk/vehicles/our-range/sandero/configurator.html#configure/A

You must deffo be on commission other wise you wouldnt keep tyring to force that crap on people
ding1 m ago

You must deffo be on commission other wise you wouldnt keep tyring to …You must deffo be on commission other wise you wouldnt keep tyring to force that crap on people

I wish.
PS. Part worn tyres are available outside West Sussex.
I only paid £50 for my 'mid range' tyres for my Focus anyway so not worth it IMO. I have Avon ZV5 on the front and Rotalla RH01 on the back (did them in two sets a year apart). I probably wouldn't get the Avon again tbh as they aren't that grippy when wet if you put too much power down. I believe the ZV7 are out now and about the same price and sort this. If I did more miles (I do under 2k a year), I'd get them swapped round and put the Rotalla on the front and Avon on the back.
As others have said you should be able to pick up a new tyre for £40-£50. My friend always used to go for part worns and never had any problems, but I guess it all depends on your luck. I personally wouldn't risk it for £50, especially now the weather is getting nippier
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants