Car Tyres from Amazon

Posted 13th Jan
Has anyone had any experience from buying tyres from Amazon?
Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Only in so far as they're never cheaper or more convenient than using BlackCircles.com

I'm also concerned that Amazon allow ANYONE to sell ANYTHING with a brand name on it. I have no knowledge of, or faith in, the manufacturer or, more importantly, whether the goods are manufacturing rejects/2nd quality.

Tyres matter to the driver, the driver's passengers and anyone else including pedestrians.
Edited by: "ccnp" 13th Jan
As above- you can’t beat Black Circles
ccnp13/01/2020 13:41

Only in so far as their never cheaper or more convenient than using …Only in so far as their never cheaper or more convenient than using BlackCircles.comI'm also concerned that Amazon allow ANYONE to sell ANYTHING with a brand name on it. I have no knowledge of, or faith in, the manufacturer or, more importantly, whether the goods are manufacturing rejects/2nd quality. Tyres matter to the driver, the driver's passengers and anyone else including pedestrians.

I take your point. However the tyres are sold & dispatched by Amazon if that makes a difference

amazon.co.uk/Dun…8-1
Caulcano13/01/2020 14:20

I take your point. However the tyres are sold & dispatched by Amazon if …I take your point. However the tyres are sold & dispatched by Amazon if that makes a difference https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dunlop-Sport-BluResponse-Summer-Tire/dp/B00AZTRD1K/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=dunlop+205+55+16&qid=1578925123&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sprefix=dunlop+205&sr=8-1

That's a good price, how much will the fitting cost. It maybe cheaper from local tyre place have you asked them as they maybe able get it similar price or cheaper too buy them.
It does make a difference

An example that is very current right here on my desk; I have 2 nightlights purchased from Homebase. Great unit. Works beautifully. 1st one for 4 months, 2nd has just gone at 12 months. Took the based apart to see if ti was possible to repair and the PCB has a burnt out section.

Looked for a replacement and found the manufacturer has changed the base unit. Looked on amazon and plenty of other people have given the mk1 version 1 star. In fact so many that amazon have stopped comments! But the mk1 version is still for sale despite the very obvious defect

I have had plenty of other examples in my time. Don't get me wrong. I use Amazon a lot but, as you have just posted, you have to buy 'sold by Amazon', not 'shipped by Amazon' to have good come back. With tyres, I'd rather not have the worry
Edited by: "ccnp" 13th Jan
MynameisM13/01/2020 14:33

That's a good price, how much will the fitting cost. It maybe cheaper …That's a good price, how much will the fitting cost. It maybe cheaper from local tyre place have you asked them as they maybe able get it similar price or cheaper too buy them.

My local indy garage will fit them for £8 per tyre so saving of about £20 compared to BlackCircles.
ccnp13/01/2020 14:37

It does make a differenceAn example that is very current right here on my …It does make a differenceAn example that is very current right here on my desk; I have 2 nightlights purchased from Homebase. Great unit. Works beautifully. 1st one for 4 months, 2nd has just gone at 12 months. Took the based apart to see if ti was possible to repair and the PCB has a burnt out section.Looked for a replacement and found the manufacturer has changed the base unit. Looked on amazon and plenty of other people have given the mk1 version 1 star. In fact so many that amazon have stopped comments! But the mk1 version is still for sale despite the very obvious defectI have had plenty of other examples in my time. Don't get me wrong. I use Amazon a lot but, as you have just posted, you have to buy 'sold by Amazon', not 'shipped by Amazon' to have good come back. With tyres, I'd rather not have the worry

Thanks for your input.
Caulcano13/01/2020 15:24

Thanks for your input.

I would think brand-new branded tyres will be real if not then this will be happening at other places aswell we won't be just getting fakes off Amazon. E.g. with majority of cables 90%+ are usually fakes where ever you get them from.
MynameisM13/01/2020 14:33

That's a good price, how much will the fitting cost. It maybe cheaper …That's a good price, how much will the fitting cost. It maybe cheaper from local tyre place have you asked them as they maybe able get it similar price or cheaper too buy them.

Ok so I assume you already asked them for the prices they can get the tyre is more I would go for them or Asda I think are about more if that makes any difference too you . You can always send then back if there's any issues and them being dilvered too your house you can make a very good inspection no need too rush.
Yes.
I bought 10 michelin crossclimates (2 cars+spares) about 2 yrs ago.

Tyres came from europe and were new (checked date code) and indeed were crossclimate+ rather than the advertised crossclimate.
MynameisM13/01/2020 15:28

Ok so I assume you already asked them for the prices they can get the tyre …Ok so I assume you already asked them for the prices they can get the tyre is more I would go for them or Asda I think are about more if that makes any difference too you . You can always send then back if there's any issues and them being dilvered too your house you can make a very good inspection no need too rush.

Yep. The local indy garage can't get anywhere near this but willing to fit.
I’ve bought tyres from amazon, eBay, black circles and usual local tyre shop. All I look for is cheapest, my garage only charge £5 per tyre to fit but I’d say add £10 per tyre just in case.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions