Car USB Charger That Actually Charges

Found 28th Aug 2017
I have a couple of car cigarette lighter usb chargers, both of them say they are charging but the battery power is drained quicker than it charges.

Gets really annoying as I use my phone as a sat nav so with the screen on all the time it really drains the battery.

Is there a charger you can get which will actually keep up with the phone so the battery at least stays the same or is it a limitation on a cigarette lighter?

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
This one works well for me for the same purpose.

amazon.co.uk/Ank…Z8/
Using your phone whilst charging is obviously going to make the phone use more than it's getting. My advice is what Muir said and get something that's high amperage out and highly branded, if you phone supports it look for something that supports "Qualcomm Quick Charge".
Muir48 m ago

This one works well for me for the same …This one works well for me for the same purpose.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Charger-PowerDrive-Charging-PowerIQ-Black/dp/B01A4ZGLZ8/

I also have this and it's brilliant
Which phone are you using?
The majority of mobile phones cannot charge above 1Amp, so the charger you use is going to be irrelevant unless you have a fairly new device
Original Poster
Erubadhron6 h, 34 m ago

Which phone are you using?The majority of mobile phones cannot charge …Which phone are you using?The majority of mobile phones cannot charge above 1Amp, so the charger you use is going to be irrelevant unless you have a fairly new device

I have a Galaxy S7 so fairly new.
Original Poster
Muir7 h, 46 m ago

This one works well for me for the same …This one works well for me for the same purpose.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Charger-PowerDrive-Charging-PowerIQ-Black/dp/B01A4ZGLZ8/

Thanks, that looks just what I need!
Try an Aukey/Anker QC2/QC3 charger.

I have an Aukey QC2 dual charger and it charges my Note 4, when I'm using a Sat/Nav app.
With GPS, maximum screen brightness and sound, BT switched on.
To put you on until delivery i got one from wilko a twin port 1amp and 2.1amp for 4 quid and it charged my phone while using gps and screen on bright
Original Poster
Cheers all. Picked up one for now from Tesco with a 2.4 and a 1.0 sockets. Needed it quick as going away.
When I checked the one I was using it is only 0.5amp so no wonder it was rubbish!!

I'll see how this one goes and order a better ine if needed when I get back.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions