Car valuation using licence plate

16 replies
Found 3rd Mar 2010
Does anyone know where I can get an accurate valuation of my car, using the licence plate and mileage. Someone told me about this service, but I can't seem to find it.

Ta muchly,

1. Misc
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Car
16 Comments

dont bother with webuyanycar.com they offered me £70 for my car looooooool - £30 odd quid for admin fees

The trade will always use Glass' Guide for valuations, it usually costs £3.50 from their site at

glass.co.uk/app…m=0

But you can get it for free (Vauxhall pay for it) on the following link, but it doesnt go by Reg, just by make and model:

vauxhall.co.uk/vau…jsp

Free Glass's guide valuation

Goto [url]www.vauxhall.co.uk[/url]

Click on finance - then Value my car

You will get a free Glass's guide valuation

There was a thread last week about car valuations

hotukdeals.com/ite…nge

It depends what you mean by an *accurate* valuation. If you want to sell your car for cash to a dealer then the lowest you'll get will probably be webuyanycar.com. The network Q link in the earlier thread will give you a Glass's Guide price which you'll probably only get as a trade-in. If you want to sell privately, have a look on autotrader.co.uk to see what similar cars are going for.

Original Poster

thanks all, repping shortly.

bleh, looking at just over 2k for a remapped 02 Bora Turbo, that sucks.

webuyanycar offerred me £2200 for my 03 ford focus, they having a laugh

Babbabooey;8005239

thanks all, repping shortly.bleh, looking at just over 2k for a remapped … thanks all, repping shortly.bleh, looking at just over 2k for a remapped 02 Bora Turbo, that sucks.

lol not something I would brag about

whatsThePoint;8005469

http://*********.co.uk/2003-FORD-FOCUS-EBONY-BLACK-no-px_W0QQitemZ170450848753QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item27afa98bf1yeah they overpriced it :w00t:

Er......no! My car worth at least £3k

Babbabooey;8005239

thanks all, repping shortly.bleh, looking at just over 2k for a remapped … thanks all, repping shortly.bleh, looking at just over 2k for a remapped 02 Bora Turbo, that sucks.

A remap won't add value to the car

Chidda;8007430

:thumbsup:
Indeed, quite the reverse in most cases.

Original Poster

Chidda;8007430

It will for the chavs that want the extra power. I just want it for the extra mpg.

Chidda;8007430

Inactive;8007519

:thumbsup:Indeed, quite the reverse in most cases.

x3, lol kids.

ilovepink;8005076

dont bother with webuyanycar.com they offered me £70 for my car … dont bother with webuyanycar.com they offered me £70 for my car looooooool - £30 odd quid for admin fees

bargainhunter2009;8005409

webuyanycar offerred me £2200 for my 03 ford focus, they having a laugh

I've offered WeBuyAnyCar.com two of my cars this year.

The first they suggested was worth just under £10,000 for & two weeks later they wrote back to say the valuation had gone up to £10,500. I had an offer from another agent for £15,000.

The second vehicle I have contacted them about four times now. Each time I have received a "read receipt" for my e-mail (as the US make/model is not listed on their site) & each time they have not responded. WeBuyAnyCar used to not give valuations on US vehicles, but this stipulation has subsequently been removed from their web site so I thought I would write to ask. To not respond to any of messages is enough to make sure I do not offer them anything further though.

BFN,

fp.

cosmicdav3;8005102

The trade will always use Glass' Guide for valuations, it usually costs … The trade will always use Glass' Guide for valuations, it usually costs £3.50 from their site at http://www.glass.co.uk/app/plugin_uc/_src/ident.php?sess=UKucn3cecff4145dfa121396e5623f1b721267618266&l=en&UCvtype=10&h=www.glass.co.uk&newsess=yes&prtid=&selkfz=y&selschild=n&premium=0But you can get it for free (Vauxhall pay for it) on the following link, but it doesnt go by Reg, just by make and model:http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vaux/pages/global/valueMyCar/valueMyCarPopup.jsp

Excellent, I thought that Vauxhall link had ended, just saved me £3.50, :-D

Banned

dcx_badass;8023153

That Vauxhall link is rubbish, it doesn't even have the make of our car … That Vauxhall link is rubbish, it doesn't even have the make of our car listed, fail.

i imagine its just for vauxhalls.......not other "makes"

Banned

dcx_badass;8023198

Nah-uh, it has like 45 diff makes listed.

so what makes it a vauxhall link? and what make isnnt listed?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Rewview sites22
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769270
    3. Add one, leave one game54315405
    4. word association Game74244885

See more discussions