Groups
    EXPIRED

Car warranty

Can someone please recommend a good (not necessarily cheap ... as they are all competative) car warranty provider. My car is a diesel and has done 65k.

Thanks

6 Comments

I can't recommend one but I would say make sure you read all the small print very carefully. Most of these aren't worth much at all and only cover very obscure stuff. You need to check exactly what will be covered and any exceptions. When I looked into these a while ago I decided it wasn't worth shelling out for as mostly they don't cover a lot at all - most things come down to wear and tear which you have to pay for, and there is always an excess, which means you end up paying for most repairs anyway.

I'd be tempted to stick the amount of the premium into a high interest savings account every month/year. The chances are the most policies don't pay out anyway (otherwise no company would offer them) so if you need it the money is there towards repairs and if you don't then you haven't lost it.

Apologies if you'd already considered the options and really want a warranty.

Original Poster

thanks guys.

well, tesco seem to be doing a nice warranty. and, although i havent read all the small print, look ok on the face of it. The detailed policy is also available before making a purchase so would be worth going through it all.

carwarrantyplan.tescofinance.com/

Looks like there are plenty of loopholes you could fall into here:
    Mechanical Failures caused by faults that existed before warranty began
    Any failures caused by lack of maintenance

Your car would have to be fairly new and regularly serviced to support a claim

Original Poster

backtothecaves;2920694

Looks like there are plenty of loopholes you could fall into … Looks like there are plenty of loopholes you could fall into here:Mechanical Failures caused by faults that existed before warranty beganAny failures caused by lack of maintenanceYour car would have to be fairly new and regularly serviced to support a claim

interesting.
    thanks for that.

Banned

Cyrus;2920397

thanks guys.well, tesco seem to be doing a nice warranty. and, although i … thanks guys.well, tesco seem to be doing a nice warranty. and, although i havent read all the small print, look ok on the face of it. The detailed policy is also available before making a purchase so would be worth going through it all. https://carwarrantyplan.tescofinance.com/

I've just got this warranty myself, just check the mileage on your car, you dont want to go for the budget version and find it will only cover you for a few thousand miles :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions