Car Warranty

Posted 30th Sep
Hi, my Vauxhall Corsa have just come out of warranty. Can anyone recommend who I should go to for a new warranty?

Best price so far is from Click4Warranty, but don't know if they are any good.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
Not really, so many clauses around wear and tear. Better off saving the cash instead.
Agree with above put money away every week/month and use it when need. Most things r not covered anyway. Having had corsa’s over the last 8 year you will need money for shockers springs trackrod ends tires which r not covered
My Peugeot is out of warranty today.
Ive not had a single issue until Thursday.
I was going to put aside cash for repairs until this week.
Started the car and a lot of dinging and a warning triangle on the dash.
Got into Peugeot Friday for warranty job.
A Front parking sensor has gone down.
90 min diagnostic so far, a new sensor painting and 90 mins fitting and reprogramming.
The bills about £400 or £500 so far.

That made my mind up. ( Extended warranty here I come )
A one year extended warranty with Peugeot is £229.00 and covers more than all the other warranty’s I found online.

Vauxhall want £360 ish with no excess for a corsa on top cover.
bigwheels30/09/2019 19:42

My Peugeot is out of warranty today.Ive not had a single issue until …My Peugeot is out of warranty today.Ive not had a single issue until Thursday.I was going to put aside cash for repairs until this week.Started the car and a lot of dinging and a warning triangle on the dash.Got into Peugeot Friday for warranty job.A Front parking sensor has gone down.90 min diagnostic so far, a new sensor painting and 90 mins fitting and reprogramming.The bills about £400 or £500 so far.That made my mind up. ( Extended warranty here I come )A one year extended warranty with Peugeot is £229.00 and covers more than all the other warranty’s I found online.Vauxhall want £360 ish with no excess for a corsa on top cover.

a main dealer backed warranty is likely less of a risk than 3rd party ones but I would still read the fine print very carefully
adamspencer9530/09/2019 21:05

a main dealer backed warranty is likely less of a risk than 3rd party ones …a main dealer backed warranty is likely less of a risk than 3rd party ones but I would still read the fine print very carefully

I checked the policy and called them for clarification.
As policy does not state what’s covered only a limit ie what you paid for the car.
Their answer was any thing that is not on page 12 exclusions list.

peugeot.motor-admin.com/doc…pdf
adamspencer9530/09/2019 21:05

a main dealer backed warranty is likely less of a risk than 3rd party ones …a main dealer backed warranty is likely less of a risk than 3rd party ones but I would still read the fine print very carefully

It’s a Peugeot, awful cars poor wiring and parts.
bigwheels30/09/2019 21:32

I checked the policy and called them for clarification.As policy does not …I checked the policy and called them for clarification.As policy does not state what’s covered only a limit ie what you paid for the car.Their answer was any thing that is not on page 12 exclusions list.https://peugeot.motor-admin.com/documents/peugeot-warranty/open/policy-document.pdf

Looked at the exclusion list:
Brakes, clutch, anything serviceable, exhausts, belts, wheels, tyres, paintwork, body, AC, electrical, wear and tear and batteries.

So basically it covers some of the engine and some of the interior. That’s it pretty much. You basically gave away £229.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants