Car Warranty Company with fair wear and tear policy

Posted 16th Mar
Hi can someone recommend a decent car warranty company ? One that really does effectively pay out for the break down of major car parts like the clutch?

Not Motoreasy please... I've heard AA is also not good but o haven't tried AA any ideas?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
I am a mechanic
I have never came across any aftermarket warranty company that will actually pay out especially for wear and tear (like clutch )
YES they will promise the earth and deliver nothing .
It's all a scam (they always come up with an excuse ) not maintained property /outside influence / poor driving style /unforseen circumstances .
14 Comments
Clutches will always be blamed on wear/tear unless the failure is due to something else like cylinder failing and covering it in fluid.

It is the business of warranty firms to avoid paying out. I've had 1 policy (with RAC) and had a major fight with them over a gearbox failure (common issue on that car) and I swore never again to give money to a warranty co or the RAC.
Ok so there are no warranty companies that actually pay for wear and tear? Do RAC claim to pay out on wear and tear? I have RAC but only for break down cover
Anybody expecting a company to provide warranty against (random common w&t example) tyres wearing out is deluded.
Not tyres and not brakes I am not expecting that ...
I mean things that they say are included under wear and tear like the clutch and fly wheel.

The policy cover I have experience with says that wear and tear is covered but they then exclude symptomatic occurrences of wear and tear...they specifically say they cover things like the clutch and fly wheel for wear and tear but they don't really...

I am looking for a policy that is genuinely going to pay out for the things THEY SAY they cover.

MOTOREASY is the company I had personal experience with but I have heard also AA can be quite awkward although I have never personally used AA
I am a mechanic
I have never came across any aftermarket warranty company that will actually pay out especially for wear and tear (like clutch )
YES they will promise the earth and deliver nothing .
It's all a scam (they always come up with an excuse ) not maintained property /outside influence / poor driving style /unforseen circumstances .
dezbo888816/03/2020 12:38

I am a mechanic I have never came across any aftermarket warranty company …I am a mechanic I have never came across any aftermarket warranty company that will actually pay out especially for wear and tear (like clutch ) YES they will promise the earth and deliver nothing .It's all a scam (they always come up with an excuse ) not maintained property /outside influence / poor driving style /unforseen circumstances .

How do they get away with it though? I know they don't count as insurance but how come they can claim they cover wear and tear ? I literally only went with motoreasy because they said they don't shy away from wear and tear like other companies but basically there is no point in having the warranty then?

I have seen some posts on another thread about motoreasy where some people were saying they paid out for the gear box but the posts looked a bit suspect.
Gabby_Brown16/03/2020 12:45

How do they get away with it though? I know they don't count as insurance …How do they get away with it though? I know they don't count as insurance but how come they can claim they cover wear and tear ? I literally only went with motoreasy because they said they don't shy away from wear and tear like other companies but basically there is no point in having the warranty then?I have seen some posts on another thread about motoreasy where some people were saying they paid out for the gear box but the posts looked a bit suspect.

You appear to struggle to comprehend the difference between the concepts of "wear and tear" and "consumable" or similar, but those concepts are off-topic and should probably be best addressed within previous ranting and shouting threads.
I completely understand what a consumable is... is a clutch a consumable? My experience I have had is with Motoreasy where I was told in my policy that WEAR AND TEAR on the clutch was covered... that's the policy I had...

Therefore I am looking for a policy that pays out on what they say they pay out on...

It's not about whether it is a consumable it's what the company tells you they cover and yes there are a lot of other threads complaining about motoreasy and saying they are suing or have sued but what I am hoping for is a suitable alternative... we're not talking about break pads etc
Gabby_Brown16/03/2020 13:48

I completely understand what a consumable is... is a clutch a consumable? …I completely understand what a consumable is... is a clutch a consumable? My experience I have had is with Motoreasy where I was told in my policy that WEAR AND TEAR on the clutch was covered... that's the policy I had... Therefore I am looking for a policy that pays out on what they say they pay out on... It's not about whether it is a consumable it's what the company tells you they cover and yes there are a lot of other threads complaining about motoreasy and saying they are suing or have sued but what I am hoping for is a suitable alternative... we're not talking about break pads etc

Back to shouting again. Take it to the other threads.
If by shouting you mean that i have highlighted the word wear and tear?

People usually shout when they are angry and yes Motoreasy have done a lot to a lot of people for them to be very angry...

Just how many other threads are they... the only ones I have seen are people complaining ( (me inc ) or telling people who not to use. Not really seen a recommendation for a different company to use.

So do you have a suitable motoreasy alternative... who do you use ?
Edited by: "Gabby_Brown" 16th Mar
Gabby_Brown16/03/2020 12:45

How do they get away with it though? I know they don't count as insurance …How do they get away with it though? I know they don't count as insurance but how come they can claim they cover wear and tear ? I literally only went with motoreasy because they said they don't shy away from wear and tear like other companies but basically there is no point in having the warranty then?I have seen some posts on another thread about motoreasy where some people were saying they paid out for the gear box but the posts looked a bit suspect.

Terms and conditions are full of get out clauses and ppl tend to pay and get vehicle repaired and argue later . Modern day scam
dezbo888816/03/2020 17:58

Terms and conditions are full of get out clauses and ppl tend to pay and …Terms and conditions are full of get out clauses and ppl tend to pay and get vehicle repaired and argue later . Modern day scam

Yes... I am in that boat with a whole load of others.... the thing that confuses me is ... is the contract valid?

If you say you cover wear and tear but then exclude wear and tear then technically the two points knock each other out right?

So that means a court would have to decide...

Sooo it sounds like there really is no such thing as wear and tear coverage... what I don't understand is why the government bodies are all ok with this..it is a regulated industry right ?
Gabby_Brown16/03/2020 18:35

Yes... I am in that boat with a whole load of others.... the thing that …Yes... I am in that boat with a whole load of others.... the thing that confuses me is ... is the contract valid? If you say you cover wear and tear but then exclude wear and tear then technically the two points knock each other out right?So that means a court would have to decide... Sooo it sounds like there really is no such thing as wear and tear coverage... what I don't understand is why the government bodies are all ok with this..it is a regulated industry right ?

Smalls claim court .
Once you get a date for your hearing
They will tend to come to some sort of agreement or settlement .

I don't bother with warranty . To much hassle
dezbo888816/03/2020 18:39

Smalls claim court . Once you get a date for your hearing They will tend …Smalls claim court . Once you get a date for your hearing They will tend to come to some sort of agreement or settlement .I don't bother with warranty . To much hassle

Your a superstar! Thanks for confirming...nice to hear for a mechanic as well :-)
Gabby_Brown16/03/2020 18:35

Yes... I am in that boat with a whole load of others.... the thing that …Yes... I am in that boat with a whole load of others.... the thing that confuses me is ... is the contract valid? If you say you cover wear and tear but then exclude wear and tear then technically the two points knock each other out right?So that means a court would have to decide... Sooo it sounds like there really is no such thing as wear and tear coverage... what I don't understand is why the government bodies are all ok with this..it is a regulated industry right ?

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants