Car wax

Posted 22nd Jun
hi... can anyone recomend a good car wax that will give a really glossy finish and good protection. The car is a 2018 amg blue metallic mercedes. it also has black wheels so was hoping to use the same polish on them. Any advice from anyone who knows about detailing would be appreciated
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
I’m no detailer but I really like collinite, it goes on real easy and gives a great shine
Autoglym HD wax is good. Easily applied and removed
How do you normally wash your car? Do you use a car wash place?
adamderak22/06/2020 13:20

How do you normally wash your car? Do you use a car wash place?

Wash mit and Maguire's wash wax
GLENHESKETH22/06/2020 13:30

Wash mit and Maguire's wash wax

I'm asking as at 2 years it probably will have had some scratches and swirls .
To get a really good shine you might want to remove them first.
Polish. Fixes scratches and adds some shine
Wax. Adds a layer of protection to corrected paintwork and enhances shine
It's an expensive car so why not invest in a da polisher? It really isn't that hard to use.
If by hand I would use autoglym resin polish and than followed by a protective layer of wax.
All waxes do the same thing but some last longer.
Autoglym HD wax is very durable.
adamderak22/06/2020 13:44

I'm asking as at 2 years it probably will have had some scratches and …I'm asking as at 2 years it probably will have had some scratches and swirls . To get a really good shine you might want to remove them first.Polish. Fixes scratches and adds some shine Wax. Adds a layer of protection to corrected paintwork and enhances shine It's an expensive car so why not invest in a da polisher? It really isn't that hard to use.If by hand I would use autoglym resin polish and than followed by a protective layer of wax.All waxes do the same thing but some last longer.Autoglym HD wax is very durable.

Thank you very much...
Where is toon army.....
Make your mind up.

polish or wax
there very different!

Bilt hamber wax.

halfords own polish.

you need to clay bar it first. After you have washed it.

lots of work pending.

takes 2 days including interior.

I would use the polish and wax on the wheels. After I have spent all morning cleaning them!

attention to detail.

over and out.
Yep.

mr Alfa.

i used to have a 75 twin spark

and 164 cloverleaf
Edited by: "ELVIS_THE_PELVIS" 22nd Jun
ELVIS_THE_PELVIS22/06/2020 18:13

Yep.mr Alfa.i used to have a 75 twin sparkand 164 cloverleaf

Both nice, I'm sure at the time the 164 Cloverleaf was a beast. I started on the 159 era and mostly had a Cloverleaf at some point in most of the model range. Currently on the Giulia Veloce, Alfa #8 hence the plate

41178636-ozmPp.jpg
41178636-a42e5.jpg
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 22nd Jun
ELVIS_THE_PELVIS22/06/2020 18:08

Where is toon army.....

I'm here

cecilmcroberts22/06/2020 18:12

@Toon_army probably washing a car lol.

Yous know me to well been doing mine and the mothers car, both hadn't been washed or hoovered for a month so gave them the once over while the weathers nice. No idea what's been in the air but mine had a load of nasty water spots from the rain!

Back on topic... Wax everybody seems to like different ones!
There was a deal yesterday on Meguiars Wax, I love that stuff, super easy to use and lovely finish from it.
I've just grabbed some Bilt Hamber Doube Speed there, it's meant to be amazing, but not one of these you can spray, then buff off, you have to let it sit for a bit before buffing it off.
Autoglym HD Wax is on my radar but not sure its worth the price tag?

OP are you wanting to wax and not do it got another 6 months, or do you not mind doing it every 2-4 weeks, them spray waxes last around that time and super easy to apply and use. Just do what other people have said and give the car a clay bar so it's got a good surface to bond to.

Has this sites turned into a detailing site haha
Oh and for the wheels I use Poorboys paste. Give the wheels a really really good clean, put this on with a pad or microfiber, let it cure and wipe it off, should give your wheels a but more protection and easier to clean next time.

41179062-MpfA2.jpg
Toon_army22/06/2020 19:07

I'm here Yous know me to well been doing mine and the …I'm here Yous know me to well been doing mine and the mothers car, both hadn't been washed or hoovered for a month so gave them the once over while the weathers nice. No idea what's been in the air but mine had a load of nasty water spots from the rain!Back on topic... Wax everybody seems to like different ones!There was a deal yesterday on Meguiars Wax, I love that stuff, super easy to use and lovely finish from it.I've just grabbed some Bilt Hamber Doube Speed there, it's meant to be amazing, but not one of these you can spray, then buff off, you have to let it sit for a bit before buffing it off.Autoglym HD Wax is on my radar but not sure its worth the price tag?OP are you wanting to wax and not do it got another 6 months, or do you not mind doing it every 2-4 weeks, them spray waxes last around that time and super easy to apply and use. Just do what other people have said and give the car a clay bar so it's got a good surface to bond to.Has this sites turned into a detailing site haha

I have done my last 4 cars with Bilt Hamber Double Speed, does last a good 6 months then in between times just some detailing spray like the Bilt Hamber Auto QD (sound like I work for them lol) was only making use of the shipping fee! Or the Autoglym Rapid Detailer.
cecilmcroberts22/06/2020 18:28

Both nice, I'm sure at the time the 164 Cloverleaf was a beast. I started …Both nice, I'm sure at the time the 164 Cloverleaf was a beast. I started on the 159 era and mostly had a Cloverleaf at some point in most of the model range. Currently on the Giulia Veloce, Alfa #8 hence the plate [Image] [Image]

Wow
cecilmcroberts22/06/2020 18:28

Both nice, I'm sure at the time the 164 Cloverleaf was a beast. I started …Both nice, I'm sure at the time the 164 Cloverleaf was a beast. I started on the 159 era and mostly had a Cloverleaf at some point in most of the model range. Currently on the Giulia Veloce, Alfa #8 hence the plate [Image] [Image]

I worked for Alfa in 1995.

i was ther3 when the 165 166 came out
I had a 145 Cloverleaf too.. loved that.. the 155 break.
Toon_army22/06/2020 19:07

I'm here Yous know me to well been doing mine and the …I'm here Yous know me to well been doing mine and the mothers car, both hadn't been washed or hoovered for a month so gave them the once over while the weathers nice. No idea what's been in the air but mine had a load of nasty water spots from the rain!Back on topic... Wax everybody seems to like different ones!There was a deal yesterday on Meguiars Wax, I love that stuff, super easy to use and lovely finish from it.I've just grabbed some Bilt Hamber Doube Speed there, it's meant to be amazing, but not one of these you can spray, then buff off, you have to let it sit for a bit before buffing it off.Autoglym HD Wax is on my radar but not sure its worth the price tag?OP are you wanting to wax and not do it got another 6 months, or do you not mind doing it every 2-4 weeks, them spray waxes last around that time and super easy to apply and use. Just do what other people have said and give the car a clay bar so it's got a good surface to bond to.Has this sites turned into a detailing site haha

Any experience of using PTFE synthetic wax?

And a clay mit? Have to say reduces the time taken to clay the car.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants