Groups

Car wheel locking nut key VW

HI would like someone with knowledge to identify what Letter key i need. This is for a VW polo 2011. I have contacted the dealer who has quoted me £150 to change the key, as they don't provide just the key it self. On eBay they sell keys but i need to know the exact 3 digits or letter which i don't. I have provided images. I bought this car but never came with the locking key, guessing the last owner has lost it.

Image: postimg.org/ima…2l/

8 Comments

An independent garage/tyre fitter should be able to help..

I had the same problem, I went to a local garage and got the security bolts removed for £10 and gonna buy some new boots and put them in

my sister lost her locking nut key for BMW went to dealer they had a set of keys. once 1 matched mine it cost 20 for replacement

a local garage or tyre place will be able to get them off a lot cheaper. Then buy a new set for about £20.

Personally I hate locking wheel nuts. They cause more grief than they are worth. Anyone wanting to steal wheels will. I won't name the manufacturer but one car company uses only 15 combinations of locking nut key. You could buy the full set from a dealers for £100 without question.

Get a local tyre place to remove them as suggested.

looks like that should come off with a chisel and mallet then go to the scrappy and just get new bolts for a few quid if it's too difficult just go to a few differnet tire places they should be able.do it for you for around a tenner

and I don't think anyone's gonna come to nick the tires if they do it will be a the whole polo not just the tires
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions