Car wifi

Found 18th Dec 2017
Hi. i am looking for a little bit of help. I am going on a tour of Iceland for 10 days and i am looking for some Wifi for the car that we are hiring. I am looking for recommendations for a Pay as you go device. I have tried to google it but get confused. Any help would be appreciated.
Community Updates
AskElectronics
5 Comments
Hi mate i just got back from there few weeks ago, depending what mobile network your on, most networks you can use your phone abroad inc data for free, im with EE and was free, Network Three is also the same, i use Teathering to my ipad as hotspot

if not the rental car company at airport offer wifi hotspot in the cars but is very expensive
everything is super expensive. Go to a local Bonus (like Aldi/Lidl) and load your car with food and snacks for the journey, roads are empty and is so easy to drive you will get use to it in a few hours, enjoy it, such an amazing country p.s take big coats and waterproof boots
Three's Feel at Home plan covers Iceland.

You can pick up a MiFi device from them for £45 (includes 3GB data).

three.co.uk/Dis…ite
yogibear256 m ago

Hi mate i just got back from there few weeks ago, depending what mobile …Hi mate i just got back from there few weeks ago, depending what mobile network your on, most networks you can use your phone abroad inc data for free, im with EE and was free, Network Three is also the same, i use Teathering to my ipad as hotspotif not the rental car company at airport offer wifi hotspot in the cars but is very expensiveeverything is super expensive. Go to a local Bonus (like Aldi/Lidl) and load your car with food and snacks for the journey, roads are empty and is so easy to drive you will get use to it in a few hours, enjoy it, such an amazing country p.s take big coats and waterproof boots

This, we just used our mobile as a hotspot, everywhere we went on the whole island had full bar signal with me on EE, i also used my phone for satnav which worked perfectly, got me everywhere i needed to go with no mistakes and saved me paying £10 a day to hire one from the hire company.

Iceland was the first country i had driven abroad in and also the first time i had driven an automatic car, it took me all of the 40 minute drive from the airport to the main city to get used to it, outside of the city you have pretty much all the road to yourself! Think we ended up doing 2000km in a week and didn't get stuck in any traffic jams or accidents or anything. So easy to drive there
Edited by: "winifer" 18th Dec 2017
Driving round Iceland for 10 days? Jeez. I get bored pushing a trolley round for 10 minutes!
yogibear252 h, 59 m ago

Hi mate i just got back from there few weeks ago, depending what mobile …Hi mate i just got back from there few weeks ago, depending what mobile network your on, most networks you can use your phone abroad inc data for free, im with EE and was free, Network Three is also the same, i use Teathering to my ipad as hotspotif not the rental car company at airport offer wifi hotspot in the cars but is very expensiveeverything is super expensive. Go to a local Bonus (like Aldi/Lidl) and load your car with food and snacks for the journey, roads are empty and is so easy to drive you will get use to it in a few hours, enjoy it, such an amazing country p.s take big coats and waterproof boots

I have been before to Iceland and drove around a wee bit of the south west of the country but never traveled around the full country. I am on EE so that is good to know. thaks for the info
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants