Found 24th Nov 2009
Hi car experts...

Every morning I get into my Clio 99 the windscreen is covered in condinsation not just condisation but wet.. And I have to use a paper towel or 3 to wipe all the water of the inside of the windscreen...

Any advice greatly accepted

Thanks
2scoops2

7 Comments

sounds like the car has a hole somewhere, check the carpets to make sure theres no leaks/holes in the floor

also check the door & boot seals

The inside must be a bit damp. Try one of those humidity traps intended for the home. It should soak up the moisture.

Sounds like you have water ingress when raining. If car has sunroof, known to leak water. Also blocked plenum chamber can cause this or missing grommet from engine bay. Check if carpets are damp - indication of water ingress.

Follow this ]thread

king261;6986400

sounds like the car has a hole somewhere, check the carpets to make sure … sounds like the car has a hole somewhere, check the carpets to make sure theres no leaks/holes in the flooralso check the door & boot seals

Pretty much this. you'd have to have a fair amount of water inside the car, in the carpets or somewhere, to cause that much dampness.

My girlfriend has a 51 plate Clio, which has a leaky sunroof, but the windows don't get condensation at all.

This is actually quite a common fault with 99 clios,

its called waterontheinsideofwindscreenitis

Check the pollen filter is fitted correctly

I had this problem with my Vauxhall Vectra. It was down to the heater matrix leaking.

It's a pain in the rear during the cold months as not only do you scrape the outside but you do the inside.

You can imagine, it gets you some strange looks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition65706
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions