Carb free snacks

Found 26th Mar
Hi, I'm needing some inspiration for carb free snacks to keep me going until dinner please! not fruit as having that in the morning and then a piece at lunch, also needs to be wheat free. Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
28 Comments
Nut and seeds, boiled eggs, a dried meat like jerky or biltong?
Oo boiled eggs would go down nicely. It's the simplest things that are the most forgotten!
Cheese
Celery
deleted1416210
I'd second nuts, I normally have just a few Brazil nuts & or Pecans if I get munchy and they do the trick
Just have carbs. There is literally no evidence suggesting one diet is superior to another
are you looking to lose weight or do you want to avoid carbohydrate for another reason?
Boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, Alpen Light bars (not sure if wheat free), Muller Light, raisins, quiche
Make yourself a frittata and put things in you like - onions, tomatoes, chilli, spinach etc.

Eat it warm or cold in slices. Delicious.
mutley19 h, 1 m ago

are you looking to lose weight or do you want to avoid carbohydrate for …are you looking to lose weight or do you want to avoid carbohydrate for another reason?

I eat carbs for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so trying to cut down a bit. Just trying to see if I can feel a bit healthier and less sluggish
mattsk9 h, 9 m ago

Just have carbs. There is literally no evidence suggesting one diet is …Just have carbs. There is literally no evidence suggesting one diet is superior to another

I'm not on a diet, I have carbs for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so trying to cut down.
pink_n_fluffy334443 m ago

I eat carbs for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so trying to cut down a bit. …I eat carbs for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so trying to cut down a bit. Just trying to see if I can feel a bit healthier and less sluggish

Carbs have nothing to do with you feeling sluggish or unhealthy.
Half of your meal portion should be carbs. Perhaps if you opt in for healthier versions like wholegrains etc ?

People really go to the extreme and ignore the basics
When you say you eat carbs, what kind of carbs usually? Theirs different kinds of carbs like complex ( potato, rice, pasta) then their is refined carbs, frosties, sugar puffs, bread.

Also I find almonds a great snack, they have good fats which help get rid of stubborn fat and they have a good source of protein. Protein also makes you feel fuller for longer. Whole earth almond butter is also a good choice for the house which is 100% crushed almonds.
deleted1416210
mattsk1 h, 0 m ago

Carbs have nothing to do with you feeling sluggish or unhealthy.Half of …Carbs have nothing to do with you feeling sluggish or unhealthy.Half of your meal portion should be carbs. Perhaps if you opt in for healthier versions like wholegrains etc ?People really go to the extreme and ignore the basics

Half your meal should be carbs? Really?
I would have thought half your plate should be salad/veggies, quarter starchy carbs and the final quarter your protien source
If anyone has any recipes feel free to send them my way!
pink_n_fluffy33443 h, 4 m ago

I eat carbs for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so trying to cut down a bit. …I eat carbs for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so trying to cut down a bit. Just trying to see if I can feel a bit healthier and less sluggish

i tend to feel sluggish if i eat foods like bread, potato, meat, pie, pizza, banana, pasta, boiled rice, sausages, chips, crisps. in fact pretty much most foods! that may be because i find they are difficult to digest so they sit in my stomach for ages and makes me feel pogged out, like i have eaten for england!

i find sugary products makes me feel more energised but they are not healthy though. you could try raw carrots. i have some every now and then and they taste surprisingly delicious. i also find yogurt and rice pudding light on the digestive system.
PrincessJellybean1 h, 29 m ago

Half your meal should be carbs? Really? I would have thought half your …Half your meal should be carbs? Really? I would have thought half your plate should be salad/veggies, quarter starchy carbs and the final quarter your protien source

Let me rephrase that. Half of your energy should come from carbohydrates
en.wikipedia.org/wik…ues

What you referring to is an eat well guide that suggest around 30-40% of your plate to be filled with veg. What you've missed is that veg are low in calories
mutley110 m ago

i tend to feel sluggish if i eat foods like bread, potato, meat, pie, …i tend to feel sluggish if i eat foods like bread, potato, meat, pie, pizza, banana, pasta, boiled rice, sausages, chips, crisps. in fact pretty much most foods! that may be because i find they are difficult to digest so they sit in my stomach for ages and makes me feel pogged out, like i have eaten for england!i find sugary products makes me feel more energised but they are not healthy though. you could try raw carrots. i have some every now and then and they taste surprisingly delicious. i also find yogurt and rice pudding light on the digestive system.

Now read those foods again....
mattsk3 h, 5 m ago

Carbs have nothing to do with you feeling sluggish or unhealthy.Half of …Carbs have nothing to do with you feeling sluggish or unhealthy.Half of your meal portion should be carbs. Perhaps if you opt in for healthier versions like wholegrains etc ?People really go to the extreme and ignore the basics

It's really difficult to go whole grain with wheat free foods, I don't eat bread anyway, but whole grain pasta doesn't exist (I've never found any anyway). I tend to eat a lot of cereal and potatoes which I'm trying to cut down on. I'm not going to the extreme at all, just want to change a few eating habits
deleted1416210
mattsk36 m ago

Let me rephrase that. Half of your energy should come from …Let me rephrase that. Half of your energy should come from carbohydrateshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietary_Reference_ValuesWhat you referring to is an eat well guide that suggest around 30-40% of your plate to be filled with veg. What you've missed is that veg are low in calories

Nope, I'm saying exactly what said..... that 50% of your plate; and thus your meal should consist of veggies/salad.
I haven't missed anything, I know exactly what veggies and salad contain... Thats why they should cover 50% of your plate if you are trying to eat healthly
jayonline852 h, 33 m ago

When you say you eat carbs, what kind of carbs usually? Theirs different …When you say you eat carbs, what kind of carbs usually? Theirs different kinds of carbs like complex ( potato, rice, pasta) then their is refined carbs, frosties, sugar puffs, bread. Also I find almonds a great snack, they have good fats which help get rid of stubborn fat and they have a good source of protein. Protein also makes you feel fuller for longer. Whole earth almond butter is also a good choice for the house which is 100% crushed almonds.

I tend to eat a lot of cereal and potatoes, not really eating bread and breadstuffs as I find the gluten free stuff a bit meh. Cereal is oatibix, porridge and corn flakes ( all with sugar).
I recently made my own almond butter, but not sure what to use it on? I made some oatbran cookies with it, which were ok, but just trying to vary it up a bit
deleted1416210
pink_n_fluffy33446 m ago

It's really difficult to go whole grain with wheat free foods, I don't eat …It's really difficult to go whole grain with wheat free foods, I don't eat bread anyway, but whole grain pasta doesn't exist (I've never found any anyway). I tend to eat a lot of cereal and potatoes which I'm trying to cut down on. I'm not going to the extreme at all, just want to change a few eating habits

It's probably easier than you think, I eat a wholefoods, wheat free plant based diet and have transformed my health.
Wholegrains you can look at are oats, quinoa, rice etc.
You might find the following website useful... I have linked t a particular feature on the site that I personally follow
Dr Greger's Daily Dozen
If you try and incorporate as many of these into your lifestyle you should feel a real difference.... I certainly did
PrincessJellybean2 m ago

It's probably easier than you think, I eat a wholefoods, wheat free plant …It's probably easier than you think, I eat a wholefoods, wheat free plant based diet and have transformed my health. Wholegrains you can look at are oats, quinoa, rice etc.You might find the following website useful... I have linked t a particular feature on the site that I personally follow Dr Greger's Daily DozenIf you try and incorporate as many of these into your lifestyle you should feel a real difference.... I certainly did

Thanks, I'll take a look
Thanks everyone, got lots of stuff to try! 😁
Choclit
pink_n_fluffy334412 h, 18 m ago

I went low carb a few years ago and after a few dats of it i was no longer sluggish, had total mental clarity but found it hard to maintain.
PrincessJellybean8 h, 25 m ago

It's probably easier than you think, I eat a wholefoods, wheat free plant …It's probably easier than you think, I eat a wholefoods, wheat free plant based diet and have transformed my health. Wholegrains you can look at are oats, quinoa, rice etc.You might find the following website useful... I have linked t a particular feature on the site that I personally follow Dr Greger's Daily DozenIf you try and incorporate as many of these into your lifestyle you should feel a real difference.... I certainly did

In what way was year health transformed?
ran123ran1 h, 0 m ago

I went low carb a few years ago and after a few dats of it i was no longer …I went low carb a few years ago and after a few dats of it i was no longer sluggish, had total mental clarity but found it hard to maintain.

I'm going to try for as long as I can, here's hoping I can start to feel less sluggish.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions