Groups
    EXPIRED

Carbon Bike Components: Steerers, Wheels, Bars, Seat

Banned
    Hi,
    Following on from the great carbon seatpost deal I was thinking of upgrading my racing bike a little. Im after great bargains for a seat, steerer and bar preferably all in carbon. Also frames and wheels would be of interest basically anything cycling related components which is a great deal
    thanks

8 Comments

Why carbon? Though its light its very fragile

Original Poster Banned

ive got aluminum but i want something lighter and it looks better...

The difference in weight isn't enormous, but the difference in durability is

Buying cheapo carbon bars and seatposts is mental.

Any slight imperfections in the weave (which 99% of cheap carbon bits have) makes them weak and prone to snapping

Tighten up your carbon seatpost too much and it'll snap

Tighten your shifters/brakes up too much and the bars will snap

Use fairy liquid to re-fit your grips and cheap carbon will soak it up and the bars will snap

Don't get me wrong, carbon fibre is an amazing material, but only in certain applications

Original Poster Banned

thanks for that so would you recommend replacing an aluminum seatpost with the carbon one recently posted?

Apart from looking better apparently it'll absorb some of the shocks making it more comfortable

olivier81;4919538

thanks for that so would you recommend replacing an aluminum seatpost … thanks for that so would you recommend replacing an aluminum seatpost with the carbon one recently posted?Apart from looking better apparently it'll absorb some of the shocks making it more comfortable

Only if its of very good quality - £70/£80+

I'd rather have a stiff ride than a cheapo carbon seatpost flexing about under my nether-regions

Having worked in the cycle industry for a couple of years, i'd have to say opinion is divided on the use of carbon. Personally i don't use it and don't plan to

Original Poster Banned

It's £10! Thanks for your help rep left

olivier81;4919679

It's £10! Thanks for your help rep left

Nah worries

You got a link to that deal? Might be worth a laugh

Edit - Found it

HAVE YOU TRIED [url]WWW.PROBIKEKIT.COM[/url] ? ITS A GREAT SITE!!:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Legal advice11
      2. is it still possible/easy to add the playstore to a new kindle fire 845
      3. Sky broadband cancel notice period.44
      4. Quality "Pro" Android Apps - List your Favourites and Share with the Commun…11

See more discussions