Groups

Card Reader Adapter help - Rep Given for help

Banned
    I am looking into buying a Samsung NC10 laptop but the built in card reader on it doesn't read Sony MS...it does read SD, SDHC and MMC though....

So has anyone ever seen an adapter that will convert an SD card to a Sony Pro Duo MS?

This is the deciding factor for me as I only buy Sony cameras and need to be able to quickly pu the camera data n the laptop (withou using USB cables etc)

Thanks

13 Comments

Original Poster Banned

acecatcher3;3177043

http://www.mobymemory.com/products/microSD-to-MS-PRO-DUO-Adapter-(for-MS-PRO-DUO-devices).asp?cat=13does that help

Thanks but I need it the other way round...MS into SD...this converts micro SD into MS

are you sure it doesnt read sony? because i too want to get one of these netbooks. im gonna have to look into this

So has anyone ever seen an adapter that will convert an SD cardto a Sony Pro Duo MS?

Thanks but I need it the other way round...MS into SD...this converts micro SD into MS

that not what u asked buddy? im confused lol!

SD is too wide anyway for such an adapter to exist.

Just buy a little card reader.

play.com/PC/…sta

mate hit me this for u, said that shud help.

ebuyer.com/pro…844

if you don't mind using the usb port instead

Original Poster Banned

Thanks for your help folks, I was hoping to fnd a way t leave an adapter inserted so can just slot the MS card in at any time....guess I'll have to look for another netbook....not interested in the USB solution as I'll only lose the USB thing

Original Poster Banned

abomination;3177187

SD is too wide anyway for such an adapter to exist.Just buy a little card … SD is too wide anyway for such an adapter to exist.Just buy a little card reader.

I want to Slot a Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo into and SD card so having the wide SD card is why I thought one might exist???

Original Poster Banned

acecatcher3;3177126

So has anyone ever seen an adapter that will convert an SD card to a Sony … So has anyone ever seen an adapter that will convert an SD card to a Sony Pro Duo MS?Thanks but I need it the other way round...MS into SD...this converts micro SD into MSthat not what u asked buddy? im confused lol!

Sorry, I got it the wrong way round....I have the Sony card and need it to fit into an SD card reader or an MMC card reader

Never seen one :).

just get one from Dealextreme.

No doubt about £1.99 delivered

Search for 'Memory Stick'.

Why don't you get the first reply and use microsd's in your camera instead of MS.

Much cheaper aren't they, or is there a downside to using microsd's and an adaptor in your camera.

All microsd's come with an SD adaptor which will then fit your laptop.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions