Groups

Cardiff worth a visit?

We're off camping to Ross on wye soon, just been looking and the site is only an hour or so from a cardiff park and ride. We've never been and just wondering if it is worth a visit. We have an 11 month old if that sways anything?

Any helpful comments appreciated

9 Comments

plenty to do, depends what you wanna do....shopping? touristy things? lazing around in a park?

Banned

you can see where they made torchwood...

Original Poster

Shopping and 'sight seeing', taking pictures etc. I suppose

Beautiful city going myself again in 2 weeks as the last timeI went I did not get to see everything!

whatsThePoint;8910267

Last time i went there it was full of welsh people :x

English?

I liked the park and castle, back in the day, about 25 years ago. :thumbsup:

whatsThePoint;8910428

No, i'm sure they were welsh :w00t:

Very drole, however I was asking if you were English, not to confirm the nationality of each of the 3 million people in Wales.

There is a lot to do.

New extension to St David's shopping centre in city centre plus take the No 6 bus down to Cardiff Bay...it's lovely. Lots of places to eat down there. Got a techniquest, bowling alley, Cadwalder which sells great ice cream. Sophia gardens next to the castle is lovely for a walk. You can take a water bus down to the bay from the centre. Just ignore the mess that is st mary's street. They are pedestrianizing it. Lots of small arcades too if you love shopping.

Take the No 29 or 28 bus to Roath Park...boating lake, play park and lovely gardens to walk round. Ducks/geese to feed. It's 1.2miles round the lake which is a lovely walk and you can start and end with an ice cream! lol

Original Poster

Thanks all, think we'll give it a go depending on weather. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is55
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259

See more discussions