Expired

Cards offering Airport Lounge access?

Found 11th Apr 2012
Does anyone know of any current good offers for a credit card that offers a good range of airport lounge access ... both in the UK and internationally?

Would any of them allow immediate family to enter the lounges too? Thanks.
Community Updates
AskAirportCard
15 Comments
We have the Royal Bank of Scotland Gold Card which allows Lounge access we use it all the time.

£12.95 a month but you get the following also:-
Mobile Phone Insurance for two mobiles
Greenflag Breakdown Cover for two people
Extended Warranty on Purchases with card
Homecare Emergency Cover (Covers boiler, heating, roof, pipes etc)
Annual Travel Insurance 2 Adults and all children
Airport Lounge access

These are the main benefits of the card but there are loads more too, we are very happy with the account and seems to be the best for benefits out there as I did a lot of looking around.
The RBS card looks very good value indeed (with the normal caveat that you actually use it!). I currently have a NatWest Gold account and it seems to do a lot more than that for the same price.
Somnus

The RBS card looks very good value indeed (with the normal caveat that … The RBS card looks very good value indeed (with the normal caveat that you actually use it!). I currently have a NatWest Gold account and it seems to do a lot more than that for the same price.

We looked into the Natwest Gold account as RBS & Natwest are the same company however the RBS is a better account for the price as it has a lot more benefits such as it includes children on the travel insurance, has fraud protection and credit report as well as Home Emergency (boiler etc cover) which Natwest didnt include.
Original Poster
Thank you for the replies and I will look into the RBS account. Do you know if it is limited in the number of times it can be used and whether it allows access to all the family or just the card holder? Also what level of Greenflag breakdown cover is given?

A relative has a Co-op Gold account and pays £8 per month ... but then used to work for them and has been with them a while and so that account doesn't seem to be available to new customers.
Also look at the Lloyds gold account, you get lounge access with that as well as lots of other benefits.
i looked into the RBS deal for the airport lounges - the small print says you have to book your travel i.e flight or package holiday through the RBS service to get access to the airport lounges :-(
Amex! Opens lots of doors
Amex platinum certainly has lounge access - also status at Hilton and Starwood - and more.
It earns membership rewards too which can be reedeemed for stuff or swaps for air miles - you can sometimes get 50k rewards for signing up and 50 quid through quid co.

The downside 300 annual fee - but those that use it swear by it. Considering it myself.

Dinners club is another card that had lounge access.
Original Poster
Had noticed Diners Card ... seems to be about £50 a year ... or am I wrong? Any other conditions to get it?

Seems that you can have a second card holder for an extra £15
I've just cancelled my AmEx platinum. It's true you get unlimited lounge access and travel insurance (among other things) but the fee is now £450/year and the insurance policy isn't as good as it used to be. You have to use the card to pay for the travel I believe, and with the fees that travel companies add on these days it adds to the overall cost.
Having said all that, their customer service is second to none - any time I've had to cal,l their agents deal with the query quickly, completely and very politely.
If they had held it at £300 I would have stayed. I used it a lot (approx £2,500 average monthly spend, with no missed payments) but they didn't even try to hold onto me.
Consider the priority pass card or airport angel. I had a plat Amex card and after the charge went up to 450quid I left them. It wasn't worth it. My household insurance covers me and the family for major travel insurance items, and Amex isn't widely accepted.
Any up dates to the original question
Original Poster
I can tell you that Diners card now charges cardholders £15 per person per visit.
any updates??
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants