Groups

Career advice...

OK I'm a 21 year old HNC Computing student, got one more year to go before graduating from my HNC. I'm trying to get into employment so I have both the education and the experience. But I'm finding it a challenge.

I have no experience at all, never have worked, so therefore that blows a hole in my application.

Can anyone offer any advice at all?

7 Comments

Original Poster

LOL OK wrong forum - again! :oops: Can someone move it to the Miscellaneous Musings and Random Nonsense forum?

Are you planning on completing your HNC? or are you looking to get into a job now?
    If its summer work your after to get some valuable work experience type up a CV an pass it on to all the agencies.
    If you're looking to start work without finishing your HNC look in your local phone book and yellow pages phone up all carrers advice places (one is bound to be free) and see what they have to say...:)

Zak_K

LOL OK wrong forum - again! :oops: Can someone move it to the … LOL OK wrong forum - again! :oops: Can someone move it to the Miscellaneous Musings and Random Nonsense forum?

lol thats a good start

[url]www.cwjobs.co.uk[/url]

Excellent site for IT related jobs. :thumbsup: Hope this helps you!

Do what you can for free/work experience/internship or whatever... It all counts these days.

Not to sound stupid but I thought HNC's were 1 year? or are you part time.

dave smith

Do what you can for free/work experience/internship or whatever... It all … Do what you can for free/work experience/internship or whatever... It all counts these days.

Dont know how to reply to this, but I have experience working in a radio station, tv station and a newspaper yet get turned down for everywhere including Tesco's and McDonalds perhaps too qualified lol.

IT is a very hard industry to get into i'd say but then again so is loads of industrys now with the increase of people with qualiifications.

The easiest way is to know someone i.e family or friend or friend of family who can get you a placement, thats how my flatmate got his last job
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions