Careful about Scottish Power Covers if possible avoid

Posted 26th Oct
I am having Scottish Power Boiler cover since more than a year for my rented property. I've called them for CP12 (Gas Safety Certificate) as it was due this month. The engineer visited at the start of this month and pointed out fault with the Boiler Pump. At that time boiler was working fine, he was called only for CP12.

So we have to arrange another engineer to fix the fault with the Boiler Pump. Second engineer came and said fault isn't with the Boiler Pump actually it's the Boiler Value faulty. Third time the same engineer came and changed what's so ever need's to change and told my tenant that boiler is working fine now and there is no more fault.

Same day, tenant rang me that there is water dripping from the boiler and light is flashing and he is without heating. I rang Domestic & General (working with Scottish Power) and they tried to contact the engineer but he didn't respond. I've raised the complaint.

Next day, my tenant rang to resolution team and been told that there is a blockage in the system and engineer can't fix the boiler also the power flush isn't covered under the insurance. The boiler was working fine before these cow boys started working on the boiler. I've raised another complaint and given another 3 to 5 days to respond. Now the tenant is mourning on all of us and I am not sure about the outcome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week, I have to cancel Scottish Power Plumbing & Drain cover. As there was water dripping from the toilet seat when we flush the toilet. One of the engineer came to fix the problem and left by saying that it can't be fixed whole of the toiler needs replacement and it's not covered under the insurance. Surprise, the same person advised me to by a £15 rubber and find a plumber to sort the problem out. I raised the complaint and still waiting for a phone call.
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
No one should go near Scottish power there a nightmare for everything they supply
5 Comments
No one should go near Scottish power there a nightmare for everything they supply
Both items are excluded as per the t&c you read agreed to at contract inception so presumably no issue. Or are you suggesting SP has changed terms mid-term (sic)?
AndyRoyd26/10/2019 17:11

Both items are excluded as per the t&c you read agreed to at contract …Both items are excluded as per the t&c you read agreed to at contract inception so presumably no issue. Or are you suggesting SP has changed terms mid-term (sic)?

Terms and Conditions are not problem, it's the faults were twisted towards terms & conditions. Toilet leak can be get fixed as up-to £1000 was covered in Parts & Labour. But taking the things off and putting it back was a big job and engineer were trained to save their time and company money.
Boiler engineer put the part in working (perfectly fit) boiler and according to him it fixed the problem (left a paper work). But later on, from home, wrote notes that it's blockage, without coming back and looking at the problem that what he has done with the boiler.
I had faulty Smart Meter, £700 usage for 3 months. After a year and dozens of my calls, they sent engineer to mount checking meter, which should be in my house for 28 days.
6 months later, I call them to find out that they don't have me in the system.
Month later another engineer took off the device and I get call from SP asking me for readings, because they don't have any.
Always make sure U got proof, I was taking pictures with my camera every week.
After two years of battle, I've been told that the meter is faulty, but I have to pay 4k from 6k bill.
U can imagine how loud I laugh, and told them what they can do with that bill.
I still think they should pay me for my wasted time and all that stress. But I don't have time and money to fight them.
Few calls later, I'm paying £400 in £16 monthly instalments.
With all direct debit payments before everything started, my bill comes to £1200 for 3 years.
Scotland131426/10/2019 17:00

No one should go near Scottish power there a nightmare for everything they …No one should go near Scottish power there a nightmare for everything they supply

Agreed.

Awful company.

Pretty sure their smart meter robbed me, but can't prove it easily. Left them with a £400+ bill. But good riddence. Moved to bulb and now pay £50 less a month, have been with them for more than a year and I am still well in credit.

Scottish Power are terrible in every department.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants