Expired

Carers admittance charge to Alton Towers?

Found 13th Jan 2013
Hiya, does anyone know how much a carers admittance charge is to Alton Towers please? The only thing I can find on the website is that disabled pay the standard charge, and a carer pays a 'discounted rate'.
Thanks in advance!

12 Comments

If you have a merlin pass providing you have proof, i think its either DLA letter, Blue/Orange Badge or Letter from GP. then you get a free carers pass. if i remember right from a while ago 1 carer is admitted free per disabled full payer.

Also not sure a DLA letter is enough anymore, due to scummy mummys passing them around freinds and family to take advantage, but i suggest you give em a ring.
Edited by: "haritori" 13th Jan 2013

I'm pretty sure it is free, but I may be wrong. A quick call to them will answer the query. Or go to towers street forum and ask there.

Original Poster

I can call tomorrow but was looking at booking a hotel tonight, so was just trying to get an idea of cost. Just found their facebook page and asked on there, might get lucky!
I don't have a merlin pass though, but can show DLA letter, blue badge etc easily enough.

honeyb35

I can call tomorrow but was looking at booking a hotel tonight, so was … I can call tomorrow but was looking at booking a hotel tonight, so was just trying to get an idea of cost. Just found their facebook page and asked on there, might get lucky! :DI don't have a merlin pass though, but can show DLA letter, blue badge etc easily enough.

It does say they do not accept the DLA form, you may need to take a doctors note, I have had a look for you and it says carers get a reduced price, which will most likely be an internet price. I wouldn't bother putting the tickets on the hotel price, it is always the same price buying online or using a 2 for 1 code from wherever. The only benefit for putting tickets on is the waterpark because that gives you 2 days in there when staying at a hotel.

Just book the hotel and ring them up tomorrow. They are usually very helpful.

We went October price for career was £11 i think - you now have to show them a doctors letter - explaining your disability and why it stops you waiting in the queues. We had one so no problems for us - careers price change so ring before you go - also you are not allowed to use 2 for 1 against career price only full price.
Customer services said they have reverted to letters from doctors to prove it is a disabillty that stops queing- people taking advantage.
Hope this helps

brandlew

We went October price for career was £11 i think - you now have to show … We went October price for career was £11 i think - you now have to show them a doctors letter - explaining your disability and why it stops you waiting in the queues. We had one so no problems for us - careers price change so ring before you go - also you are not allowed to use 2 for 1 against career price only full price.Customer services said they have reverted to letters from doctors to prove it is a disabillty that stops queing- people taking advantage.Hope this helps

Sorry if I am missing something but what disability would mean you can't wait in a que but you CAN go on a roller coaster?!

Banned

daturastorm

Sorry if I am missing something but what disability would mean you can't … Sorry if I am missing something but what disability would mean you can't wait in a que but you CAN go on a roller coaster?!

Do you only queue at roller coaster rides? Why would anyone with walking difficulties or autistic kids who will scream the place down not be allowed to sit on a roller coaster?

I think it's wrong that people can just go from one ride to another queue jumping. The best system which is used in some parks, involves an estimated time allocated which you come back for, then you do the same AFTER you've done that ride for the next. It shouldn't be a queue jumping tool, but personal assistance for when it's needed.

Original Poster

I might have known this would turn into a disability bashing thread
Its all about not understanding the concept of queuing, which some people are unable to do. There was an interesting thread on a forum I was reading the other day where this topic came up. The pain issues experienced by some people mean they are unable to stay all day, and being able to access rides quickly meant it wasn't a case of turning up, one or two rides, then home again.
Staff are usually pretty good, and although I feel very guilty 'queue jumping', I am very limited in places I can go to with my disabled child. 'Normal' families can go where ever and when ever they like.
If it makes anyone feel better, we can't go on the big rollercoasters anyway. Or on anything that goes like a roundabout. So even with disability access, I have to queue for most of the rides with my daughters, if my disabled son is unable to ride.
If anyone else is interested in my original question, I've now found out that carers are free.

I never 'bashed' anyone, I asked a question. It was a genuine question because I didn't understand.

I don't care about queue jumping but I just thought it sounded a bit odd putting someone who might be in pain on a roller coaster.

Got Austistic children, and while they would scream the queues down, i dont use the queue jump becuase i dont knwo one autistic kid that likes big and fast rides and its rare the kiddie rides have long queues as the ride length is shorter! i also never take advantage of disable prices its just too much hard work nowadays, the minority or scammers have ruined it for everyone else.
Edited by: "haritori" 14th Jan 2013

My son is on autistic spectrum and I will use que jump as he finds it difficult to wait ques . He chooses to go on crazy roller coasters which he loves. Everyone's dissability affects them different and I don't care what others think . It is fair that kids with additional needs can que jump, just others don't know their full story and how the dissability affects them as an INDIVIDUAL

how much dose a carer have to pay , and is there any discount for a disabled child
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions