Found 6th Jan
Could anyone recommend where to visit in the Caribbean? Already been to cuba so looking for somewhere different! Looking for somewhere in april/may with 4 kids and needs to have good reefs for diving/snorkelling! Thanks!

14 Comments

I've been to Caribbean about 7 times can totally recommend Dominica, Barbados or Antigua or if your fund will stretch Nassau in the Bahamas is amazing great for diving at grand Bahamas hotel is amazing for kids and adults too

Banned

Avoid the Dominican Republic, I found it to be a total dump, with no much to do.
Thankfully I wasnt there for the activities or the site seeing.

If you don't have anything worth stealing and have no intention of setting foot outside the hotel consider Jamaica.

we been to Cuba & Jamaica loved both but Jamaica Ocho Rios is amaizing x

For value, Punta Cana in the Dom Rep takes some beating, superb beach up by the Westin Hotel. Good dive school. Just choose your hotel carefully as there are some bad ones.
Barbados is nice to do once. Hilton Resort Bridgetown is quite good. Lots of expensive alternatives.
Varadero in Cuba so you can get into Havana before it changes, but don't expect western standards.
Sugar Beach, St Lucia ticks all your boxes, but is expensive.

We've been to Barbados twice and would love to go back. You can snorkel with sea turtles but I am not sure how good the reefs are.

Been to Cuba, Don Rep, and Mexico and Mexico is by far the best of them all. Riviera maya.

Original Poster

Thanks, anyone thats been to mexico which is best area?

Original Poster

dogpatch

If you don't have anything worth stealing and have no intention of … If you don't have anything worth stealing and have no intention of setting foot outside the hotel consider Jamaica.

Going to Jamaica in August oO

Antigua, beaches and swimming is great, food fab. We hired a driver and transport for a day and we did some of the sights and he took us to a fabulous beach.You have to do Shirley Heights on the music night, was Sunday but may have changed, fantastic night.

Antigua is very nice, very safe, mega mega relaxed and plenty to see. Bahamas is also nice but we only saw a small amount of the island as it was a weekend stop.

Bequia (pronounced "Beck-way") in the Grenadines is wonderful. Safe swimming, good diving/snorkelling. divebequia.com/
Lovely people, great beaches, child friendly, somewhere a bit different (not a resort as such). Lots of other little islands nearby. Connecting flights from Barbados, thought the international airport on neighbouring St Vincent is rumoured to be opening in February.

ellese

Thanks, anyone thats been to mexico which is best area?

Mayan Riviera , its better than cancun which is bit built up. Go to xel ha for the day, fantastic place check it out

Original Poster

debmm

Mayan Riviera , its better than cancun which is bit built up. Go to xel … Mayan Riviera , its better than cancun which is bit built up. Go to xel ha for the day, fantastic place check it out

Cheers, literally booked it 10 mins ago!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769603
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…54117
    3. Stock informer21
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247666

See more discussions