Carluccio's has gone into administration - 2000 jobs at risk

Deal editor11
Posted 30th Mar
Just announced that Italian restaurant chain Carluccio's has gone into administration, The Administrator FRP is looking at options for the firm. These include using government support, as well as trying to sell all or parts of the business. Most of the company's 2,000 employees will be paid through the government's job retention scheme while these options are explored.

I cant see any info around gift cards etc, but given situation think it's unlikely that you will be able to get a refund from the retailer if you are in possession of gift cards for this chain. You may want to try a charge back to your bank if you paid via credit or debit card. Will update once more info is confirmed.

Source: BBC

3430672.jpg
Community Updates
Top comments
cartwheelbob30/03/2020 13:58

Brighthouse too. 2400 jobs

Feel sorry for anyone who loses their job, but I despise the way Brighthouse makes money. Good riddance.
Edited by: "paulcdf" 30th Mar
40230264.jpgMy local carluccios donated all their gifts and food stock to the local school because of the coronavirus. Which then was handed out to families of kids at the school. Sad to see them go into administration.
Edited by: "corriessvk" 30th Mar
11 Comments
That's not a good news but more bad news will be on the way unfortunately
Edited by: "apur32" 30th Mar
cartwheelbob30/03/2020 13:58

Feel sorry for anyone who loses their job, but I despise the way Brighthouse makes money. Good riddance.
Edited by: "paulcdf" 30th Mar
apur3230/03/2020 13:55

That's not good news but more bad news will be on the way unfortunately

I suspect you’re right, it’s a massive shame but any company already facing hardship prior to this literally has no chance now.
ChelseaRae30/03/2020 14:04

I suspect you’re right, it’s a massive shame but any company already fac …I suspect you’re right, it’s a massive shame but any company already facing hardship prior to this literally has no chance now.

It is so heartbreaking to see these companies going into administration..
Rune_2H30/03/2020 14:34

Comment deleted

Someone on here once said, be polite it's not fb.
40230264.jpgMy local carluccios donated all their gifts and food stock to the local school because of the coronavirus. Which then was handed out to families of kids at the school. Sad to see them go into administration.
Edited by: "corriessvk" 30th Mar
Rune_2H30/03/2020 14:12

Comment deleted

Yesteryear? Do you mean pre-1990?
Edited by: "splender" 30th Mar
Gift cards are unsecured credit so no joy to whoever has them. In fact, holding gift cards for any business with only a high street presence is probably a bad idea.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions