Groups

Carnt - IT'S NOT EVEN A WORD!

Banned
    Rant over

43 Comments

Carnt believe that for a second.

Carnt is another way of saying 'care not to' as opposed to 'can not'

source- woffle

Carnt help but say that its the first time i'm seeing the word!

Its actually ' carn't ' an abbreviation of 'cannot'

Original Poster Banned

shopstilldrops

Its actually ' carn't ' an abbreviation of 'cannot'

Can't is an abbreviation of cannot

If you believe carn't is an dabbreviation of cannot then you're just plain illiterate

carnt say ive ever used the word

dimebars

Can't is an abbreviation of cannotIf you believe carn't is an … Can't is an abbreviation of cannotIf you believe carn't is an dabbreviation of cannot then you're just plain illiterate

Oh the irony 'dabbreviation' !!....illiterate !! ...:p............lol

See how we are all human and can or even 'can't' add an extra letter by mistake !!!!
    Edited by: "shopstilldrops" 4th Jan 2011

Apparently there is no such word as can't either

livingthelife07

Apparently there is no such word as can't either

Is it a dabbreviation of cannot then? X)

Marina

Carnt help but say that its the first time i'm seeing the word!

Yeah, i've never seen it before either.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=carnt

Not pleasant though over 18's only

Original Poster Banned

shopstilldrops

Can't is an abbreviation of cannotIf you believe carn't is an … Can't is an abbreviation of cannotIf you believe carn't is an dabbreviation of cannot then you're just plain illiterate

Oh the irony 'dabbreviation' !!....illiterate !! ...:p............lolSee how we are all human and can or even 'can't' add an extra letter by mistake !!!! [/quote

yes - by mistake

but to use the supposed word carnt intentionally is plain wrong

Carnt stop lolling @ this thread.

lol , and why do ppl say i brought something when its bought ???

Original Poster Banned

hawick

That was the next rant!

hawick

yup, that is quite annoying. unless the majority don't pay for their goods and are actually bringing them home without purchase

hawick

Oh please, your carnt of brought that to the arguement really?

hawick

Thats worth a thread on its own!

Also 'should of' instead of 'should have' for anyone looking for thread topics. X)

hawick

Yeah, that one is so wrong!!!

what about sharnt?

Banned

hawick

The same reason ppl use "text speak" instead of typing correctly maybe?

I carnt believe she made an account up to ask for codes when she could have just brought some flipping milk herself!

nikkib123

I carnt believe she made an account up to ask for codes when she could … I carnt believe she made an account up to ask for codes when she could have just brought some flipping milk herself!

i carnt believe its not butter

i carnt belive the amount of bargins ive brought thru this website!
    Edited by: "matt3454" 4th Jan 2011

Get a life will ya! Chill!!!!
    In wolverhampton where i come from, most our vocabulary aint real words.
    Daint ya know that?
    Why are these things important to you?
    Most of you on here think your better than everyone else. Just cus you can spell and use grammer.
    Guess what ya aint!!!!

DJ1

The same reason ppl use "text speak" instead of typing correctly maybe?

eh?? well why make a longer word?? lol

Banned

hawick

eh?? well why make a longer word?? lol

You were having a go at people for being stupid for using bad grammar yet you can't even use English yourself.

LOLLLZ ZZZZOLLOL ROFL MAO LOL MEH! LOLLZZZ lol lol WTF wttf wtf omg !!! 1111L!L!! LIKzzlzia

DJ1

You were having a go at people for being stupid for using bad grammar yet … You were having a go at people for being stupid for using bad grammar yet you can't even use English yourself. LOLLLZ ZZZZOLLOL ROFL MAO LOL MEH! LOLLZZZ lol lol WTF wttf wtf omg !!! 1111L!L!! LIKzzlzia

dont be paranoid , i did not call anyone stupid (_;)

http://djnaff.com/pics/f87add9b7d08da3a597e0382e33a8173.jpg

Why do we waste so much money on education?

It is money down the drain.

Marina

Thats worth a thread on its own! Also 'should of' instead of 'should … Thats worth a thread on its own! Also 'should of' instead of 'should have' for anyone looking for thread topics. X)

Ohh, I think I say that one. Thought that was maybe a Glasgow thing though, like the way we say "How no" instead of "why not".

Regional and class variations are fine, what do you want - all politically, grammatically correct automotons ?

http://im-smiley.com/imgs/doh/doh028.gif

Hissy Miss

Ohh, I think I say that one. Thought that was maybe a Glasgow thing … Ohh, I think I say that one. Thought that was maybe a Glasgow thing though, like the way we say "How no" instead of "why not".

I was joking. No one is perfect, i know i'm far from it.

P.S. I haven't heard 'How no' either X)

Moved down to London from Scottish borders and the difference in speech are often hilarious, some people say flims instead of films!

Some people were obviously to kool for skool judging by the illiteracy levels in this thread.

omg you started a thread saying carnt isnt a word.... how sad and pathetic are you... im guessing your under 21 yrs old with no freinds.... yes im right young man arnt i... listen get out into the big wide world.... its all out there to see... rather than sat in ur parents house searching forums for words that "arnt" words and giving people abuse. Get a life.

sharon888

omg you started a thread saying carnt isnt a word.... how sad and … omg you started a thread saying carnt isnt a word.... how sad and pathetic are you... im guessing your under 21 yrs old with no freinds.... yes im right young man arnt i... listen get out into the big wide world.... its all out there to see... rather than sat in ur parents house searching forums for words that "arnt" words and giving people abuse. Get a life.

prob as sad as joining up on here just to beg for some codes for a free cup, stop freeloading and just buy the god damn milk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_X6bfacAhmsU/TJJOCteovuI/AAAAAAAABbs/qW68mbk4Y5M/s1600/Grammar-Nazi-2.jpg
    http://www.nastyhobbit.org/data/media/13/grammar-nazi.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/theonesean/images/BG_narutobutter.jpg

[img]t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1FniNwAvjGjQRqt4rGcR5YZc4K0gwNgdrfzdZgAuRctMOejUnlQ[/img]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767275
      2. What would be HELL to you?55
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1526
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047117

See more discussions