Carpet?

Posted 20th Dec 2019
Want to replace a carpet in a 5*4m bedroom. What is the most “affordable” carpet. What would a decent price quote be for a room of this size? And what material shall i go for?
Im based in Leeds/Bradford so if you know of any places, preferably outlet, then let me know where I would be able to buy some cheap ish carpet.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
What you call affordable and what somebody else calls affordable are 2 different things. Your best bet with carpet is to go to a few shops and have a feel for yourself to see what you like. Remember the carpet is only as good as the underlay. I would highly recommend the cloud 9 underlay which you can buy online pretty cheap. Also to find the cheaper carpet shops just type carpet shops near me on Google and viola.
It's actually a 5x4 but if you want cheap, your best getting an off cut. Or something with a low pile and hard wearing. Price wise it could be around £100 max for an off cut, again depending on your style and that's not including fitting. Sorry that no much help, but it's from experience from doing my spare room lol
As above it all depends on what you call affordable.

Felt back is very popular however it is thin and will need underlay.

you can get a roll if underlay + carpet, grippers and platesfor less than £100. Fitting is very easy.
Just had a 3 bed house done, Every room, downstairs toilet, upstairs bathroom and vinyl in the kitchen.
Including fitting and underlay for £1040.00.
Look for a local shop. Thats what I did.
Got 3 quotes and local guy was over £1000.00 cheaper than the well known shops.
bigwheels21/12/2019 09:25

Just had a 3 bed house done, Every room, downstairs toilet, upstairs …Just had a 3 bed house done, Every room, downstairs toilet, upstairs bathroom and vinyl in the kitchen.Including fitting and underlay for £1040.00.Look for a local shop. Thats what I did.Got 3 quotes and local guy was over £1000.00 cheaper than the well known shops.

Well done - that seems a bargain. We've just moved in and Tapi were cheapest for us. We bought underlay, gripper rods and thresholds from Ebay and saved about £700 and had a friend of a friend lay it all for £300. Happy with the carpet tho missus has already spilled a glass of wine on it
bigwheels21/12/2019 09:25

Just had a 3 bed house done, Every room, downstairs toilet, upstairs …Just had a 3 bed house done, Every room, downstairs toilet, upstairs bathroom and vinyl in the kitchen.Including fitting and underlay for £1040.00.Look for a local shop. Thats what I did.Got 3 quotes and local guy was over £1000.00 cheaper than the well known shops.

We had almost identical recently but with a 4th room and paid 1180 inc. fitting and that was a 3rd of the price of the larger shops.

The markup on carpet is 100-150% at some shops!
I've just had ours done with FlooringSuperstore carpet offcuts.
flooringsuperstore.com/rem…res

Wickes carpet grippers are around the same price you can find on eBay. Make sure you check the price on these if buying straight from the carpet shop, they like to massively mark up on them - CarpetRight was the worst, 5x the price.
wickes.co.uk/Wic…066
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions