Carpet cleaner hire for car seats

Found 20th Apr
I want to clean car seats so need to hire a cleaner. Most seem big rug doctor machines which won't do the job. Anyone know if diy stores hire something smaller that will do job? I have looked online but no good information. Found a small machine I could hire at £15 a day in Bristol, but that's an hours drive away . No companies around that clean upholstery that I can find either. Plan b is to use a steamer and clean by hand following youtube video instructions
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
deleted1132166
33667385-D3TTH.jpgBuy this from Asda. It won which award. Used it to get rid of chocolate and mud stains of wife's Audi A3.
Its awesome, buy a soft brush and agiitate it into the upholstery and than use a wet/drt vacuum.
I bought a car with grey seats that were black through Dirty dogs running loose on them. I bought some yogis shampoo off ebay and a wet & dry vacuum from Screwfix. Total cost £50. Sears came spotless and I have enough shampoo to do them, and carpets, again at least 20 times. Certainly better value than hiring anything.
deleted113216620th Apr

[Image] Buy this from Asda. It won which award. Used it to get rid of …[Image] Buy this from Asda. It won which award. Used it to get rid of chocolate and mud stains of wife's Audi A3.Its awesome, buy a soft brush and agiitate it into the upholstery and than use a wet/drt vacuum.

Got some of your recommended cleaner from a local morrisons. I have a steamer and a wet and dry vac so I'll go try it now. Just need sun to come out. Naff weather today
Edited by: "wayners" 20th Apr
How much local valet charge ?
When I hired the rug doctor I chose to have it come with the upholstery tool... That's gonna do the job for a car. I used it to clean the stairs.

Very easy to install and I'm not an expert with these carpet cleaners.
Edited by: "hearts22" 20th Apr
Well I'm outside with steam cleaner and wet vac and the cleaning solution recommended above. So far it's looking good and working great.
deleted1132166
wayners39 m ago

Well I'm outside with steam cleaner and wet vac and the cleaning solution …Well I'm outside with steam cleaner and wet vac and the cleaning solution recommended above. So far it's looking good and working great.

If you can block your car in, that way you can really soak the seats. Slightly leave windows open, heating on full blast. Leave engine running, be dry quite quickly
God its so hot now. Dry off really well I hope as going out tonight. Just come in for a drink. Car done. Going to Do van seats now
any before and after pics
I have.. Yes
33671372-C8V1M.jpg33671372-CKxJW.jpg
Just loading up a video on YouTube how I done it.
deleted1132166
Result! Professional valeter now
wayners3 h, 58 m ago

I have.. Yes [Image] [Image]

Thats done the job a treat, might have to get some of that stuff myself
ding7 h, 48 m ago

Thats done the job a treat, might have to get some of that stuff myself

I'm going to buy some more today and get to work on the sofa. Really need a new one but I'll clean and see what it's like. I apply cleaner then steam and wet vac out the dirt. Amazing results. We have a steamer already and a wet vacuum so no real cost other then liquid cleaner. Wet vac £35 steamer £45.. Maybe cheaper for some just to hire kit from DIY or supermarket..
Edited by: "wayners" 21st Apr
wayners20th Apr

Just loading up a video on YouTube how I done it.

can you post link please
I'm not very good as a presenter that's for sure! Amused the Mrs . Anyway. Here it is..
Edited by: "wayners" 22nd Apr
wayners43 m ago

I'm not very good as a presenter that's for sure! Amused the Mrs …I'm not very good as a presenter that's for sure! Amused the Mrs . Anyway. Here it is.. [Video]

Thanks for that just watched it and you've done a great job no faffing about. Appreciate the video.

Does the car smell nicer now? My galaxy smells like a dog i think one of the owners must have had one so i just want to get rid of the smell really.
adhkarzf14 m ago

Thanks for that just watched it and you've done a great job no faffing …Thanks for that just watched it and you've done a great job no faffing about. Appreciate the video. Does the car smell nicer now? My galaxy smells like a dog i think one of the owners must have had one so i just want to get rid of the smell really.

Try standing an open container ( the bigger the surface area the better) of white wine vinegar in it overnight, it will absorb a lot of the smells.
@adhkarzf No smells now other than a faint smell of carpet cleaner but it has a smell neutraliser in it. Called in wilko yesterday and they do there own cleaner that says all the same things on the bottle and only 95p. I bought 2.. Bargain. Going to have ago on the lounge sofa today. Clean that is
Edited by: "wayners" 22nd Apr
Dyslexic_Dog5 h, 10 m ago

Try standing an open container ( the bigger the surface area the better) …Try standing an open container ( the bigger the surface area the better) of white wine vinegar in it overnight, it will absorb a lot of the smells.

Im going to try that thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions