Carphone warehouse - buying sim free phones

Posted 8th Nov
Has anyone had any experience of buying sim free phones from carphone warehouse?
I'm looking at the iphone XR will also trading in my iphone 7 and it works out at an upfront cost of £509 which is pretty great!

I've done a bit of research and carphone warehouse dont seem to have great reviews but most of them are based on taking out monthly contracts with them. Just wondering if anyone has any experiences when buying the phone outright/trading in their old phone!

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Buy from CPW regularly. Never a problem

Oh, except when they got hacked and my details were sold on....
Gollywood08/11/2019 13:34

Buy from CPW regularly. Never a problemOh, except when they got hacked and …Buy from CPW regularly. Never a problemOh, except when they got hacked and my details were sold on....

oh nooo!! i would hope that they'd increased their security after being hacked but i guess it can happen to anyone!!
thanks for your help though!!
elisasoph08/11/2019 16:57

oh nooo!! i would hope that they'd increased their security after being …oh nooo!! i would hope that they'd increased their security after being hacked but i guess it can happen to anyone!!thanks for your help though!!

I've bought since then
I work for CPW, we get a lot of negative press normally due to dodgy sales tactics from individuals and the poor security we've been exposed for. But when it comes to buying outright and trading in, this is what I personally do as I've found most of the time our trade in price is the same or better than others. Our outright prices can be beaten often online and you can still trade in without buying a phone so do remember that!
Twixellzz08/11/2019 19:02

I work for CPW, we get a lot of negative press normally due to dodgy sales …I work for CPW, we get a lot of negative press normally due to dodgy sales tactics from individuals and the poor security we've been exposed for. But when it comes to buying outright and trading in, this is what I personally do as I've found most of the time our trade in price is the same or better than others. Our outright prices can be beaten often online and you can still trade in without buying a phone so do remember that!

oh thats great I didnt realise i could just trade in without committing to get a new phone or plan from CPW!
thanks for your feedback!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants