Carphone Warehouse contract

Posted 30th Oct
I’ve bought a Samsung a10 from Carphone Warehouse for free when you get a sim only 12 month Vodafone contract.

I thought I’d do the “cancel contract within 14 days and keep Phone” method that I’ve done Multiple times before with CPW.

I’ve called Vodafone twice today to ask them to cancel the contract, they said they cannot cancel a third party contract and I’ll have to contact CPW to cancel it.

This is odd as I’ve done this method with CPW through Vodafone before with no problems.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Here’s the link to the deal:

carphonewarehouse.com/mob…919!/t_contract_length/12%7C1/sort/relevance/model/SAMA10BLU
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
I’ve also tried to get a STAC code by text but it tells me that since I’m under the 14 day cooling off period I’ll need to contact Vodafone
Do you even know what a contract is bro?
DragonX30/10/2019 21:33

I’ve also tried to get a STAC code by text but it tells me that since I’m u …I’ve also tried to get a STAC code by text but it tells me that since I’m under the 14 day cooling off period I’ll need to contact Vodafone

Vodafone won’t cancel any contact bought via a third party within the return period.

You need to contact CPW who will contact Vodafone to authorise the cancellation.

It’s so they’re not fudging connections to the network etc as they’re usually paid bonuses etc on this.
Haircut_10030/10/2019 21:38

Do you even know what a contract is bro?

Yeah. Are you aware that at least with 12 month sim only contracts you can cancel them within 14 days and only pay for what you used ?
Kraezae30/10/2019 21:49

Vodafone won’t cancel any contact bought via a third party within the r …Vodafone won’t cancel any contact bought via a third party within the return period.You need to contact CPW who will contact Vodafone to authorise the cancellation.It’s so they’re not fudging connections to the network etc as they’re usually paid bonuses etc on this.

I see. How about after the 14 Days? Will I be able to get away with only paying one month ? I am sure if I call CPW they will want the handset back
DragonX30/10/2019 22:08

I see. How about after the 14 Days? Will I be able to get away with only …I see. How about after the 14 Days? Will I be able to get away with only paying one month ? I am sure if I call CPW they will want the handset back

Nope you’d be locked into the 12 month contract and liable to pay off the full term to exit it any earlier.

Best advice is to speak directly with CPW

EDIT: I’ve just re-read your original post. Are you trying to steal this phone from CPW
Edited by: "Kraezae" 30th Oct
Kraezae30/10/2019 22:09

EDIT: I’ve just re-read your original post. Are you trying to steal this p …EDIT: I’ve just re-read your original post. Are you trying to steal this phone from CPW

This is how I understood as well.
Palwan30/10/2019 22:13

This is how I understood as well.

Yep, asking for help with Fraud. Now I’ve seen it all
Kraezae30/10/2019 22:09

Nope you’d be locked into the 12 month contract and liable to pay off the f …Nope you’d be locked into the 12 month contract and liable to pay off the full term to exit it any earlier.Best advice is to speak directly with CPW EDIT: I’ve just re-read your original post. Are you trying to steal this phone from CPW

No, not steal. I’m trying to follow the rules. If the rules allow me to take this phone free of charge then I’ll do so, as a freebie. If the rules won’t allow me to do that then I’ll return it. It’s still sealed and all so no biggie
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants