carphone warehouse pay as you go upgrades

Found 17th Aug 2009
hey all i have just got my new phone (nokia 5530) and the best bit is i didnt have to buy the top up thats normally required when getting pay as you go phones.

its because i already had a sim card (its in thier current info mag thing you can get in store on the page that tells you about the pay as you go providers)

the best bit is i also got £10 free credit for not needing a new sim card

providers that take part (acording to instore mag)

virgin (this is who i am with) O2 and orange

but you need to make sure the phone you want is actaullyoffered on your network

also a thought, if you dont have one off the networks sims poundland do O2 sim cards ......

7 Comments

From what I remember when I worked there the O2 sim must be at least in use for 30 days before you can do this. You have always been able to do it with O2 PAYG, for the last 9 months or so you have been able to do it with your virgin or orange number. Another point to remember is carphone now do variable trade ins, so instead of a fixed £10 you get a more realistic trade in. I recently traded my 5800 and got £126 trade in (phone only required, no box charger etc). They also accept sat navs, consoles, ipods etc (not sure how much they give for these). You can check what trade in you will get in-store by entering your IMEI number here:

]http//ww…der

Original Poster

can you trade in your phones in store?

alex3410;6044939

can you trade in your phones in store?

Of course, whatever the online trade price thing says is what you get instore.

mod

Moved to misc

Original Poster

andywedge;6045082

Moved to misc

thanks

if you trade in instore do they give you cash then or do you still have to wait untill they send it off? sorry for the Q's lol

alex3410;6045198

thanks :)if you trade in instore do they give you cash then or do you … thanks :)if you trade in instore do they give you cash then or do you still have to wait untill they send it off? sorry for the Q's lol

They knock the money off the phone you're buying

You said the 'best bit is' more than once...
Post a comment
@
    Text