Groups

Carphone Warehouse PAYG Upgrade delayed due to sim card OOS?

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has placed an order for a pay as you go upgrade via CPW and the order is delayed because the excuse is the sim card is out of stock?

Is that just an excuse to cancel my order because I got a cheap phone? because how can a phone shop be out of sim's?...

9 Comments

when i bought a PAYG from O2, i was asked to choose a sim with a price plan so i expect that the sim with the specific plan on it is out of stock.

If it's an upgrade don't you just keep the sim?

Original Poster

I don't know, they asked me to call them on an email and when I called the guy said that they can't send the phone out without a sim card and they're awaiting stock on them, should be within 2 weeks if not then call them again...
    Not really sure what they're up to tbh lol

depends on the network is you need a new SIM, but I reckon they've lied

i've never been able to order a PAYG upgrade from CPW as mine always come up saying that i am not entitled to the upgrade.

you could try popping into one of their stores?

Original Poster

mutley1

i've never been able to order a PAYG upgrade from CPW as mine always come … i've never been able to order a PAYG upgrade from CPW as mine always come up saying that i am not entitled to the upgrade.you could try popping into one of their stores?

Will wait and see what happens then give them another call in 2 weeks if nothing.

If you don't need the SIM Card, just order the same phone from a different provider ie; O2/Vodafone etc., all phones from Carphone are unlocked.

Original Poster

Inactive

If you don't need the SIM Card, just order the same phone from a … If you don't need the SIM Card, just order the same phone from a different provider ie; O2/Vodafone etc., all phones from Carphone are unlocked.

It's only £9.95 through an upgrade but £29.95 with a new sim. Only want the phone to use with a fitness tracker. Can't complain at 10 quid, just hope I get it

when I got an upgrade they included a new sim card for the network I upgraded with. Idk why and I just ignored it and used my old sim
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any solicitors? Leasehold covenant Query "business use"44
      2. Dashcam question58
      3. 4K tv with HDR good deal?11
      4. Battery drain on iOS 111213

See more discussions