Groups

Carphone Warehouse - Return To Store Of Upgrade

I have been in carphone warehouse today and upgraded to a Tocco Ultra as I was in the last month of my contract with o2, the bloke at the time said I wouldnt be able to return the phone if I didnt like it because it was an upgrade, however I now want to return the phone because I dont like it ! I dont seee anything in the t&c's that say I cant return it, anyone know anything about this? surely I must be able to take it back within a certian period

Thanks

6 Comments

As far as I know you get 14 days to try out the phone, reason I know this is because my friend and her bf have just both upgraded on o2 to the Tocco Ultra and the one before it, she didnt like the Tocco Ultra, preferred the other samsung one.

Maybe phone o2 direct and see what they say.

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;4972279

As far as I know you get 14 days to try out the phone, reason I know this … As far as I know you get 14 days to try out the phone, reason I know this is because my friend and her bf have just both upgraded on o2 to the Tocco Ultra and the one before it, she didnt like the Tocco Ultra, preferred the other samsung one.Maybe phone o2 direct and see what they say.

I know that definitely the case with online purchases but its different instore, ive tried ringing o2 but its closed now !

You have no cooling off period buying retail. You might get a store manager to take it back, but it's down to them, they don't have to, sorry.

Banned

steve1221;4972642

You have no cooling off period buying retail. You might get a store … You have no cooling off period buying retail. You might get a store manager to take it back, but it's down to them, they don't have to, sorry.

carphone warehsue do a 14 day cooling period, whether purchased instore or online, well thats what i was told when i took out a contract with cpw instore, when i phoned up cpw to say i had had second thoughts about phone and contract, i purchased a contract phone and a pay as you go, cause i wanted a different phone, they told me to go back instore and they would sort it, which they did

Original Poster

i think thats the cass with new contracts but not with upgrades as its an extension of an existing contract , thats the impression i get but as i say i cant see anything on the t&cs that states this.

hey,
    on any new mobile contract through carphone there is no cooling off period, except with O2, which is 14 days.
    On an upgrade, with any network, you don't have the option for a return, because you're happy with the network, which is why your upgrading, and you get the chance to view the handset in store so your supposed to know you're happy with it. if you do anything online or over the phone however, you get the 7/14 day cooling off period on any new contract/upgrade on any network, due to the distant selling of goods act or something. Unfortunatly, your stuck with your new Tocco Ultra, unless you sell it and buy something else! If you try to speak to any network directly and they say you can take it back, they're idiots, don't listen... it's not possible...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions