Carphone Warehouse Returns

Posted 30th Nov
Hi guys,

Just looking for a bit of advice here as I think I have been burned by CPW. I bought a Sim free pixel in store and I don't like it, I tried to return it but was told I cannot... presented with this:
3351690.jpgAny advice short of flinging it on eBay?
Community Updates
22 Comments
deleted1471098
In store = little rights unless faulty.
Looks clear cut. 'I don't like it' isn't included in the above T&Cs
deleted1471098
richie430/11/2019 13:49

Heartbreaking and awful

Don’t disagree but it is what it is. That’s one of the reasons why I buy online.

Take the phone to CEX and see what they will give you for it, you may get some of your money back on it at least.
Edited by: "deleted1471098" 30th Nov
richie430/11/2019 13:49

Heartbreaking and awful

If you bought it in store you should've had the chance to see it in action to see if you "wouldn't like it" which is why you have less rights than if you bought online.
Yeah I guess I have lived in a bubble of consumer rights whereby refunds have never been an issue for me.
Cheers guys, will be up on eBay in the hour
If the 14 day deadline hasn't passed why can't you just exchange it for one you do like?
It's a bit risky listing expensive items on ebay these days.
Was it purchased between the christmas returns policy dates? I work for CPW and if it was returned to me it'd be a simple process to return it as it's within the returns policy dates.
Edited by: "Twixellzz" 30th Nov
richie430/11/2019 14:26

Cheers guys, will be up on eBay in the hour

I'd return (sic) to the store and ask to speak with someone a little senior. The return policy is quoted in your OP image.
"Customers purchasing selected products* between 30th October and 24th December 2019 are able to return or exchange purchases up to and including Sunday 14th January 2020, or within 21 days of your original purchase, whichever is later. "
Just remind the CS rep of the title of the relevant CPW help page that quotes the above ok-to-return text:
"Can I return or exchange the SIM free phone I bought in store?"
selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/Sel…00}
AndyRoyd30/11/2019 22:30

I'd return (sic) to the store and ask to speak with someone a little …I'd return (sic) to the store and ask to speak with someone a little senior. The return policy is quoted in your OP image."Customers purchasing selected products* between 30th October and 24th December 2019 are able to return or exchange purchases up to and including Sunday 14th January 2020, or within 21 days of your original purchase, whichever is later. "Just remind the CS rep of the title of the relevant CPW help page that quotes the above ok-to-return text:"Can I return or exchange the SIM free phone I bought in store?"https://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c{5128dc80-d2cb-11de-e56d-000000000000}

Wow I cant believe I missed that!!!
Are you wanting a refund or an exchange? Maybe an exchange is allowed but not a straight refund
AndyRoyd30/11/2019 22:30

I'd return (sic) to the store and ask to speak with someone a little …I'd return (sic) to the store and ask to speak with someone a little senior. The return policy is quoted in your OP image."Customers purchasing selected products* between 30th October and 24th December 2019 are able to return or exchange purchases up to and including Sunday 14th January 2020, or within 21 days of your original purchase, whichever is later. "Just remind the CS rep of the title of the relevant CPW help page that quotes the above ok-to-return text:"Can I return or exchange the SIM free phone I bought in store?"https://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c{5128dc80-d2cb-11de-e56d-000000000000}

You can pretty much guarantee, while not stated, opened products will not be accepted.
Oneday7701/12/2019 00:32

You can pretty much guarantee, while not stated, opened products will not …You can pretty much guarantee, while not stated, opened products will not be accepted.

" What can I do with my phone and still be entitled to return or exchange it?
You can turn the phone on and try it out. We recommend you don't save anything to the memory of the handset until you are sure you are happy with it.
What condition should my product be in when I return or exchange it?"

selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/Sel…00}
AndyRoyd01/12/2019 04:25

" What can I do with my phone and still be entitled to return or exchange …" What can I do with my phone and still be entitled to return or exchange it? You can turn the phone on and try it out. We recommend you don't save anything to the memory of the handset until you are sure you are happy with it.What condition should my product be in when I return or exchange it?"https://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c{f5f35920-c538-11de-e56d-000000000000}

Yeah. Pity it still doesn’t specify it on the page. How the staff translate it is always open to their interpretation. I’ve fallen foul to their CS abilities in the past. Common sense can’t be taken for granted
I must have got lucky when I returned a phone to them because I didn't like it.

They did it no questions asked
Refunded me the £10 top up I had bought to get the phone cheaper because they couldn't figure out how to separate the two.
The didn't even open the box and see if the phone was even in there!
Get an exchange is your best bet, if you want your money back then CEX or ebay I'm afraid. Of course you could always chance it and ask at another branch, Satan_Claws got lucky.
Oneday7701/12/2019 07:01

Yeah. Pity it still doesn’t specify it on the page. How the staff t …Yeah. Pity it still doesn’t specify it on the page. How the staff translate it is always open to their interpretation. I’ve fallen foul to their CS abilities in the past. Common sense can’t be taken for granted

If OPs phone doesn't look as if it's been used as a football but CPW still won't play ball, a simple LBA and optional MCOL quoting CPWs webpage statements should be sufficient to extract a favourable outcome. I'd quite enjoy that option as it would be second time I've stuffed CPW.
Cheers guys will have a go again today and update you all
Done and returned! Thanks you guys, you are a great community!
AndyRoyd01/12/2019 12:51

If OPs phone doesn't look as if it's been used as a football but CPW still …If OPs phone doesn't look as if it's been used as a football but CPW still won't play ball, a simple LBA and optional MCOL quoting CPWs webpage statements should be sufficient to extract a favourable outcome. I'd quite enjoy that option as it would be second time I've stuffed CPW.

There is certainly enough on the site to support a return. It’s just a shame it is t written in single syllables for the staff to apply without any threats of legal action.
Lets hope they repent and do the right thing.
Delighted you managed to get a dig at them before.
richie401/12/2019 15:40

Done and returned! Thanks you guys, you are a great community!

Result !
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions