Carphone Warehouse Terrible customer service

Found 4th Jul
Uncaring Carphone Warehouse
Carphone Bewarehouse are a terrible company for customer service. Last week I made a mistake of going to their shop to buy a new moto g6plus phone (only availiable from them THANKS Motorola!) and a few moments after purchase I saw on the box that it was not dual sim.Box still sealed and unopened ,had only just left the shop. I went back in and They point blank refused to refund me their “help” desk was unhelpful and when I wrote to them they ignored the request and told me as they had not responded in their normal timescale they thought I may have gone back to the shop. All delaying and browning off tactics. I now despise this company including their other shops of Currys , PC World and Dixons. I will never buy from them again. Be forwarned they are absolutely awful if you make a mistake.
Anyone had similar experience or found a way to expose this
Community Updates
Misc
19 Comments
I thought Carphone Warehouse to be OK before Dixons retail got their hands on them, that's a shame. Most contracts should be honoured by 14 day returns policy and a payG/Sim free sealed phone should be a no-brainer to return. You could try calling the financial ombudsman and describing your side of things to see where you stand!
deleted1315437
That seems a bit out of order. If you have not opened the box then there should be a hassle free refund.
Edited by: "deleted1315437" 4th Jul
It's ironic really. The downfall of highstreet stores. When ordering online you're covered just by doing it that way.
Not here to start a war about it but if you literally just left the store and went back this is ridiculous.
Diagnostics,

1. Did CPW sell it as dual sim?
2. Did you ask for dual sim?
A bit harsh, perhaps, but they are under no obligation to offer a refund.
Calling the carphone bewarehouse is bit harsh
As a poster said above, if you order online you have a 14 day cooling off period in law. In store, you don't.
RossD8927 m ago

A bit harsh, perhaps, but they are under no obligation to offer a refund.

Quite, there is no obligation to offer a refund, caveat emptor applies in store and has been for centuries.

CPW policy is clearly set out as, which is the norm for :-

Can I return or exchange the SIM free phone I bought in store?

SIM free phones bought in store
  • You can swap your SIM free phone for a different handset within 14 days of buying it.
  • You can only swap your phone for a different model once.
  • You can't return your phone and get a refund.

If CPW did sell dual sim of what the OP wanted in the first place, then there would have been no issue about satisfying the need.
TBH i think you should have stayed in the store and just asked for the manager you have every right for a refund if the box was still sealed, of course if you had opened the box then tuff luck.
del.tay5 m ago

TBH i think you should have stayed in the store and just asked for the …TBH i think you should have stayed in the store and just asked for the manager you have every right for a refund if the box was still sealed, of course if you had opened the box then tuff luck.

There is no right (for centuries). Under the now replaced, The Sale of Goods Act 1979, now nearly 40 years, there was no right.
I got a Samsung J6 the other day, they were very helpful sorting out my contract, but they do say that there is no refund or exchange policy on some of their tariffs depending on the provider

selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/Sel…00}

Also you can not cancel contracts or swap phones once you sign the contract.
I am aware of cpw that’s why I stay well clead
TBF, it's not just Carphone. When I wanted the Lenovo P2 exclusively from 3, I could either buy it shiny in-store immediately or order it online with an additional £10 PAYG top-up and wait a few days for it. Went with the latter, purely so I could return it for refund if I so chose.
suparuss2 h, 18 m ago

But I also blame Motorola

You seem to be blaming everybody but yourself.
Yes it's good CS to take a refund back, but why should CPW refund when it explicitly says on their website it's exchange only for in-store purchases?! If the phone was correctly sold as single SIM and the OP made the mistake, it's the OP's fault. Unfortunately this means that no refund is possible .
I blame Very.
I ordered a Nokia 7 plus from Argos, Opened it and set it up.
Next day while getting acquainted with it, I found the video camera option was not there. Plus it did not fast charge.
Called and they sorted out a return.
If CPW won’t take it back find out what’s wrong with it and return it.
Carphone Bewarehouse.
Good one.
I agree with you OP their customer service is very poor, they only take an interest if they can sell you a contract. Once they've done that you're dead to them
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions