Carphone Warehouse Vs three

Found 9th May
I looked on mobiles direct and they had a Samsung S9 on O2 for £32 a month £85 upfront for 10gb and unlimited mins and texts. When I called three to leave they advised these deals offer limited internet access and can be put up at anytime. I cannot find any T&C's on the website about the deal and it is not available direct from O2. Obviously there must be a reason it is so cheap anyone else used these and is it ok?
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Don't confuse marketing speak with reality. "Limited internet access"? No idea what that means. An o2 SIM will provide as reliable a signal as can be obtained in whatever location you use it. "Put up anytime"? Yes, deals can be posted anytime - that's kinda how selling stuff works. Should be no issues with MD. The specific MD deal you mention does seem very competitive assuming you have quoted the deal accurately. I can't see S9 10GB unlim mins+text @ £85 + 24x£32 on MD, nearest I can immediately find is 10gb unlim mins+txt @ £99.99 + 24x£37. Some MD deals involve cashback by redemption to obtain an "equivalent" monthly cost, some don't. Confirm with MD that the deal exists and at the terms you are comfortable with and there should be no obvious reason not to consider it from MD.
I'm going to be doing similar in 2 weeks, EE won't go anywhere near matching vodafone or o2 prices offered on MD or DirectMobiles so sadly i'm off.. EE want about £55 a month for the S9 yet over 2 years Vodafone/o2 work out about £170 cheaper.

No kind of loyalty is worth spending that extra!

Any of the big companies will say whatever you need to hear to stop you going with the 3rd party seller websites, even though at the end of the day they are the same phone and same sim you buy direct off them.
AndyRoyd42 m ago

Don't confuse marketing speak with reality. "Limited internet access"? No …Don't confuse marketing speak with reality. "Limited internet access"? No idea what that means. An o2 SIM will provide as reliable a signal as can be obtained in whatever location you use it. "Put up anytime"? Yes, deals can be posted anytime - that's kinda how selling stuff works. Should be no issues with MD. The specific MD deal you mention does seem very competitive assuming you have quoted the deal accurately. I can't see S9 10GB unlim mins+text @ £85 + 24x£32 on MD, nearest I can immediately find is 10gb unlim mins+txt @ £99.99 + 24x£37. Some MD deals involve cashback by redemption to obtain an "equivalent" monthly cost, some don't. Confirm with MD that the deal exists and at the terms you are comfortable with and there should be no obvious reason not to consider it from MD.

This is the link to the deal seems to good to be true but going to try it
Edited by: "vwone" 9th May
Always go with MD, deals are far better than with providers direct. Never had any issues. Actually just having the same convo with EE regarding that s9 and they cannot get anywhere near that deal. Only issue is i'm with EE and getting a new EE contract, but they won't let you keep the number. Small price to pay for a such a big saving.
Edited by: "shepademus" 9th May
vwone1 h, 30 m ago

This is the link to the deal seems to good to be true but going to try it

Your OP starts with mentioning deal was from "mobiles direct". Your deal link goes to a page at "secure-mobiles.com" which may be some affiliate route for e2save or mobiles.co.uk / CPW. TBH, it is not clear who is providing the deal. Suggest it may be prudent to confirm the name and trading status of the company with which you are intending to transact before you place the order.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions