Carphonewarehouse & Quidco

7 replies
Found 9th Dec 2006
Placed an order for a cheapish pay as you go handset with Carphonewarehouse last week for my daughter. Paid by credit card & checked the details carefully as always. Tracked on Quidco fine.

Next day I got a call from them saying that there was a problem processing the payment & could I confirm the details. They confirmed I had given them the right details and they tried again and no problem. Didn't think any more about it until the Quidco payment was rejected so I was a bit niffed. Obviously 'not wholly completed online'

Anyhow, clearly stupidly, I ordered another handset yesterday for my son using a different card. This morning I have an e-mail saying that there is a problem with my card payment and they will be ringing me to complete the transaction.

Call me cynical, but does anyone else detect a pattern here:-(

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

I had exactly the same thing. Anyoing, isn't it? Except I had a pay monthly phone so gone is my £37 in quidco... x3 in fact - I had this happening on 3 occasions now!

Original Poster

I didn't think I'd be the only person this happened to......I'm not blaming Quidco, they have been great, but I can't help thinking carphonewarehouse are picking up the Quidco referral and doing this deliberately. I'm going to cancel this order and won't be buying from them again.

Original Poster

Just a follow up to this. I managed to get both transactions reinstated and tracked in Quidco, after some effort. Today both payments have been declined, presumably as they were 'not wholly completed on line'. These are the first incorrectly declined payments I have had with Quidco in over 200 transactions and it can't be a co-incidence. It's clearly a deliberate move on the part of Carphone Warehouse to avoid paying. They certainly won't be getting my business ever again.

Thanks for highlighting this.Let's hope others who are thinking about doing the same read this first.Shocking behavior carphone warehouse,shame on you.

Carphone warehouse not paying out there Rpoints either:x

Ummmmm, very interesting.
I wonder if Quidco have anything to say about this. Paul?

It's not upto QuidCo Steve, it's upto the affiliate network they are on (users.buy.at/)... Carphone Warehouse aren't allowed to ring up to avoid paying affilliate money. They could get struck off the advertising network there.

duckmagicuk2

It's not upto QuidCo Steve, it's upto the affiliate network they are on … It's not upto QuidCo Steve, it's upto the affiliate network they are on (]http://users.buy.at/)... Carphone Warehouse aren't allowed to ring up to avoid paying affilliate money. They could get struck off the advertising network there.

I just wondered if Quidco knew what's going on.
It does look like they are phoning customers up to avoid paying out. If not, it's a very strange way to behave.
Anyway,
Thanks Ducky :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Advice on selling an iPhone?66
    2. Best tablet around the £60 mark12
    3. What shoes are these?22
    4. Is this expensive?1120

See more discussions