Expired

Carports? Any good deals available or suggestions?

7 replies
Found 8th Aug 2009
Looking for a carport like the one below, without codes this works out at £275 which is about £80 (£100 with Quidco) cheaper than buying the same direct from norfolk greenhouses who I believe manufacturer them.

The dimensions are approx 5.7m long by 2.5 wide.

Can anyone recommend any better deals?

This one is UPVC framed but would consider other types at the correct price.

C'mon guys your Harlzter needs you!

(By the way its to be used to cover a patio area so clear roof panels needed. Or other suggestions to achieve same end result (ie giving a dry area over the patio) for same end result appreciated.

7 Comments

Original Poster

Make one yourself? Be cheaper and something to do!

Original Poster

Naeem786;5967901

Make one yourself? Be cheaper and something to do!

Priced it up to a degree but the roof panels will be about £120 alone, the advantage of these is upvc = zero maintainence :whistling:

May be able to get the panels slightly cheaper as I know someone who delivers for a manufacturer:whistling:

Can you buy structural UPVC supports and lengths?

harlzter;5967925

Priced it up to a degree but the roof panels will be about £120 alone, … Priced it up to a degree but the roof panels will be about £120 alone, the advantage of these is upvc = zero maintainence :whistling:May be able to get the panels slightly cheaper as I know someone who delivers for a manufacturer:whistling:Can you buy structural UPVC supports and lengths?

Hhhmmm dunno mate, I would have preferred timber.

Also think you need planning permission for these?

Original Poster

Naeem786;5967965

Hhhmmm dunno mate, I would have preferred timber.Also think you need … Hhhmmm dunno mate, I would have preferred timber.Also think you need planning permission for these?

Dont think you need planning permission.

Regulations do not apply to a carport provided the carport is open on at … Regulations do not apply to a carport provided the carport is open on at least two sides AND the floor area does not exceed 30 square metres. .

diydata.com/pla…php

Banned

I think youve got a good price from what Ive seen on line :thumbsup::santa
Planning Regulations do not apply to a carport provided the carport is open on at least two sides with the floor area less than 30 square metres. .

Original Poster

RUDOLF;5968070

[COLOR=Blue]I think youve got a good price from what Ive seen on … [COLOR=Blue]I think youve got a good price from what Ive seen on line[/COLOR] :thumbsup::santaPlanning Regulations do not apply to a carport provided the carport is open on at least two sides with the floor area less than 30 square metres. .

Thats what I thought but then its from additions who NEVER normally give the best price on things, its got me confuddled, especially as its cheaper than buying direct:thinking:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57595
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions