Cash back mobilephonesdirect

Posted 26th Oct
Hi all,

I bought a cash back deal a few years ago and could never submit cash back correctly. In my opinion their customer services weren’t really good at dealing with it either as they would never explain what I was doing wrong.
has anyone got a bulletproof guide on how to do it?
i’m looking at taking out a new deal for my grandmother which has cash back as part of it.

any advice is appreciated.

Dan
Community Updates
12 Comments
Don’t sign up for cash back deals they are a con.
cmdr_elito26/10/2019 13:57

Don’t sign up for cash back deals they are a con.

They are not a con at all , I have had several over the years ( including this company) as long as you understand the terms and conditions and follow them then there is no problem receiving the cashback as long as the company does not fold like phones 4 u did.
matthews947926/10/2019 15:26

They are not a con at all , I have had several over the years ( including …They are not a con at all , I have had several over the years ( including this company) as long as you understand the terms and conditions and follow them then there is no problem receiving the cashback as long as the company does not fold like phones 4 u did.

They make it difficult to follow for a reason and that’s the con.
cmdr_elito26/10/2019 15:53

They make it difficult to follow for a reason and that’s the con.

It's not difficult, you basically email them your last 3 mobile phone bills at each stipulated time frame usually 3months, 6months, 12months, etc. If you check their website they usually have a section for helping to claim cashback.
This certainly is not my opinion of a con.
Thanks both.

I do agree it is hard to follow and their website is ambiguous with it.

Mat does the very first bill count as month 1 even if it's only a partial bill?

The cashback is at month 6 9 12 15 and 18.
Hoping I do better this time. Last time they honoured 1 of 6 payments and each time wouldn't tell me anything even when I asked well in advance.
oXdanXo26/10/2019 17:14

Thanks both.I do agree it is hard to follow and their website is ambiguous …Thanks both.I do agree it is hard to follow and their website is ambiguous with it.Mat does the very first bill count as month 1 even if it's only a partial bill?The cashback is at month 6 9 12 15 and 18.Hoping I do better this time. Last time they honoured 1 of 6 payments and each time wouldn't tell me anything even when I asked well in advance.

Yes I believe it does.
This should take you to the help section but you need to log into 'my account' section to upload the required Bills.
mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/hel…aqs
oXdanXo26/10/2019 17:14

Thanks both.I do agree it is hard to follow and their website is ambiguous …Thanks both.I do agree it is hard to follow and their website is ambiguous with it.Mat does the very first bill count as month 1 even if it's only a partial bill?The cashback is at month 6 9 12 15 and 18.Hoping I do better this time. Last time they honoured 1 of 6 payments and each time wouldn't tell me anything even when I asked well in advance.

I think you'll find it's one of the easiest and fairest companies around for cashback, they have a dedicated help page, they allow you a sixty day window in which to claim your cashback, and on the one occasion I made a mistake on the claim form I simply resubmitted it and they then payed out. They reply instantly once you submit a claim and then normally email again within the hour to let you know if your claim is correct and let you know that the payment should be made within fourteen days (although it never takes that long). In fact I have just this week taken out my fifth contact out with them and never once had a payment declined.

Edit: I can have a look at my bills tomorrow and let you know the exact dates my contracts started and the subsequent dates that I claimed as I always save the emails in case of any problems (which there never has been).
Edited by: "Dyslexic_Dog" 26th Oct
It's the reason I took their straight off cashback of 120 instead of 156 over the full term, no arguments no worries
Just choose the option with no cash back is a reason why they offer that way people forget they take time never received
I've had 2 declined through Quidco for mobilephonesdirect. Quidco were helpful but said I was one of thousands who had not had cashback paid by the company despite meeting all the terms and conditions. My advice is dump them like radioactive waste
GLENHESKETH27/10/2019 09:28

I've had 2 declined through Quidco for mobilephonesdirect. Quidco were …I've had 2 declined through Quidco for mobilephonesdirect. Quidco were helpful but said I was one of thousands who had not had cashback paid by the company despite meeting all the terms and conditions. My advice is dump them like radioactive waste

This is not for cashback through a third party this is for cashback directly from mobilephonesdirect.
matthews947927/10/2019 10:41

This is not for cashback through a third party this is for cashback …This is not for cashback through a third party this is for cashback directly from mobilephonesdirect.

Yep I get that but if you Google the company loads have had problems with their cashback
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants