Cashback declined by Quidco!

Found 4th Jul
I have got Tesco credit card via Quidco for £45 cashback.
Quidco think they can trick customers easily! the cashback was declined after waiting for 4 months and very long conversation with their crappy CS via email.
They claim that Tesco bank who declined the cashback because I did violate the T&Cs, bullocks! and Tesco won't tell them what exactly I did wrong!
I then contacted Tesco, surprisingly they said "we have nothing to do with the cashback decision, its all Quidco's".
I got back to the Quidco CS telling them either you or Tesco not telling the truth! they said "sorry we can't go further with this case"!
In conclusion, as a customer I have the right to know why my £45 cashback was declined, is there any institution I can speak to in order to teach these jokers a lesson?
P.s. I am still using the card.
Thanks for reading 😁
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Quite normal for quidcon
8 Comments
Quite normal for quidcon
I don't think there is any kind of ombudsmen associated with cashback. It really is all bit and miss. The thing is, you aren't out of pocket so annoying though it is, you haven't really lost out. I find quidco to be a lottery.sometimes things are declined for no apparent reason. It's money for nothing in the first place so I try not to be too bothered if something is declined. Recently found top cashback to be much more reliable and quicker payers but I know others would contest that. I think you are caught between a rock and a hard place here unfortunately. It needs someone like Martin Lewis on the case to get it sorted
I read before about how you can take them to the small claims court and you will receive your money. Look online and there is a guide on how to proceed against this very shady company.
mastablasta4th Jul

I read before about how you can take them to the small claims court and …I read before about how you can take them to the small claims court and you will receive your money. Look online and there is a guide on how to proceed against this very shady company.

The fee for the small claims court will wipe out a large proportion of that money (believe it's £25). So you will only get £20 back. Tesco will be the ones who declined it, but you do have to go through Quidco to claim - if they refuse just keep on pressing them and escalate the issue. You might be able to make them pay it themselves, however unlikely.
mastablasta6 h, 57 m ago

I read before about how you can take them to the small claims court and …I read before about how you can take them to the small claims court and you will receive your money. Look online and there is a guide on how to proceed against this very shady company.

I would be surprised, the way i understood it, is that cash back is never guaranteed and can be denied for pretty much any reason.
I've had Tesco bank cashback declined in the past, wouldnt buy any deal based on the cashback sites offers tbh,
Same thing has just happened to me!!!! Hate quidcon so so much
Be very careful with Quidco. I queried why my Tesco insurance had been declined. I received an email saying Tesco had reversed its decision then received another email a couple of weeks later saying it was declined again!! When I asked what was going on I received the following reply.

Thanks for your reply, I've looked into this matter for you and can see your purchase from Tesco has been declined. I have found no point this has been accepted by Tesco in answer to your question the purchase was declined on the 12/3/18 and then a claim was raised and this was declined on the 22/6/18.

I can see you did receive a email in error that the decision has been reversed but this was due to a technically error as this was meant for a select few customers and this was then sent other customers and I deeply apologise for that.

Please refer to the last email for the reason of the decline.

Stupidly, as I was so pleased something was going well for a change we spent the £40 cashback on a takeaway that night! I should really have waited until I had received the money in my bank account!! Really UNHAPPY with Quidco raising my hopes :-((
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants