Groups

Cashback sites for Jessops

I'm after a Nikon D90 and Jessops looks like the cheapest at the moment.

Quidco gives 4% back. Does anybody know of any better cashback sites out there?

Thanks!

15 Comments

Topcashback gives 6.06% but this rate ends in 7 days

If you want to go with them can you PM me your details and i'll get £5 for recommending you.

Original Poster

Thanks. I notice that that is 6.06% of the pre-VAT price, so 5.05% of the total.
    Still pretty good!

Original Poster

notts6501

If you want to go with them can you PM me your details and i'll get £5 … If you want to go with them can you PM me your details and i'll get £5 for recommending you.

If I go with them I'll do that. I'm still debating whether D5100 is better but no reviews yet!

Thanks

Something to consider is that the D90 is almost 3 years old and may therefore be likely to be replaced in the near future. Don't know whether this is an influencing factor for you though...

I'm looking for the D700 at the moment and Best Buy is the best price so far.

The D90 is £550 at Best Buy
    bestbuy.co.uk/pro…spx

or £680 with lens kit
    bestbuy.co.uk/pro…spx

but there is a code CAMERA75 that gives 7.5% DISCOUNT

if thats any good for you. Code is only valid until 29th April though.
    Edited by: "notts6501" 26th Apr 2011

Original Poster

The D90 is being replaced by the D5100 and D7000 models - it sort of lies somewhere inbetween.
    The newer models have slightly higher resolution and much better low light capabilities but as the D90 is going to be discontinued soon the prices have been falling on the it.

DPReview have just published a review of the D5100 which looks interesting: dpreview.com/rev…00/

It looks like I'd be better off with the D90 or D7000 though as I've got quite a few old AF-D lenses with my film F75.

Interesting that Jessops are offering the D7000 with £200 worth of tripod at the moment, so that might be a sign that the D7000 is about to drop in price. I don't know whether to hang on for a cheaper D7000 or go for the D90 while it's still available.

Original Poster

notts6501

I'm looking for the D700 at the moment and Best Buy is the best price so … I'm looking for the D700 at the moment and Best Buy is the best price so far.The D90 is £550 at Best Buyhttp://www.bestbuy.co.uk/product/1000102858/nikon-d90-digital-slr-camera-body.aspxor £680 with lens kithttp://www.bestbuy.co.uk/product/1000102870/nikon-d90-dig-slr-camera-18-105vr-kit.aspxbut there is a code CAMERA75 that gives 7.5% DISCOUNTif thats any good for you. Code is only valid until 29th April though.

If I try to use that discount code on the D90 I get "Your basket does not currently qualify for this promotion code." Is that for more expensive cameras only?

not sure. I've not tried to use it myself yet, still looking round. Sorry

Original Poster

Thanks for all your efforts. It's probably going to be the D90 at Jessops. I've sent a message with my details.
    Cheers.

Original Poster

Thanks. The Jessops deal for D90 + 18-55 was a bit cheaper but I can't find it in stock anywhere near me! It's looking more like D90 + 18-105 being the best option at £680 at Jessops - £34 cashback through Topcashback giving a total of £646. That's a pretty good combo for about £650 and the 18-105 is definitely worth an extra £30 over the 18-55.

Yep the 18-105 is def worth £30 over the 18-55.
    I've got an 18055 & 55-200 and sometimes the extra length of the 18-105 would be useful, specially to avoid swapping between the two.

Good luck and happy photo taking

Original Poster

Well I've ordered a D90 but they only had a collect in store option. I hope that still qualifies for cashback!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …81139
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2125

See more discussions